Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and Galaxy J7 Prime launched in India, price starts Rs 14,790; offer ‘Make for India’ features
Samsung Electronics is going ahead in its juggernaut-like way by launching smartphones at various price points catering to specific segments with specific features to cover all bases that a buyer is eyeing. The latest smartphones to be launched by the company are Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and Galaxy J7 Prime - the prices of the respective products are Rs 14,790 and Rs 18,790. The smartphones come in black and gold colours only. However, although Galaxy J7 Prime is on sale now, the Galaxy J5 Prime will hit the shop shelves at the end of September.
The Galaxy J5 Prime and Galaxy J7 Prime smartphones offer indigenously developed S-Secure and S-Power planning features, which allow users the added benefit of enhanced security and greater battery power. Here is how Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobiles Business, Samsung Electronics India puts it, "The Galaxy J7 Prime and the Galaxy J5 Prime come with the latest 'Make for India' innovations, 'S-Power Planning' and 'S-Secure' for smart power management and increased privacy and security."
The benefits offered by the S-Power planning feature include 'saving' battery for making calls as well as messages after critically low levels are reached. Double is the time that the battery life gets extended by, according to the company. The management of this time is put in the hands of the user and s/he can allocate a particular amount of battery for calls and messages. If, despite all these precautionary measures the user finds himself running short of battery, another feature that users can deploy is labelled as "Fwd calls when no battery". Under this feature users can forward calls to another number and continue the conversation.
As far as the S-Secure feature on Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and Galaxy J7 Prime is concerned, then it can be used to lock and hide apps, all at the discretion of the users. Also, considering the chances of users connection being increasingly compromised, Samsung is offering a feature that secures their wi-fi connection. The company says that the smartphones are protected from hackers when they are on a public network.
Aside from these features, Galaxy J7 Prime and Galaxy J5 Prime come in a full metal unibody topped by a 2.5D Gorilla Glass. The smartphones themselves run on Android Marshmallow operating system (OS).
Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone offers a dual-SIM functionality, packs a 5.5-inch full HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass and sports a 1.6Ghz octa-core processor, 3GB RAM and 16GB onboard memory that can be expanded up to 256GB - the memory card comes in a separate tray. The power source is quite adequate for the purposes it has been built - it has a 3,300 mAh battery. The cameras on this smartphone are pretty powerful at 13MP (rear camera) and 8MP (front shooter).
As far as the Galaxy J5 Prime smartphone is concerned, then it offers a 5-inch HD display, a 1.4Ghz quad core processor, 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard memory that also can be expanded up to 256GB. It offers a battery that is a bit lower on the scale when compared to the other phone at 2,400 mAh. While the rear camera is the same as the J7 at 13MP, the front one is downgraded to 5MP.
More from this section
- India vs Pakistan: Historic strike by PM Narendra Modi in Pakistan occupied Kashmir; here’s 5 points that show how superior India was
- How to pre-book iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus; Apple handset’s price starts at Rs 60,000 on Flipkart
- RRB NTPC results 2016: Declaration soon, 2nd stage exam in Nov-Dec period
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh 109th birth anniversary: From PM Narendra Modi to Arvind Kejriwal, nation pays homage
- Xiaomi Mi 5s, Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus smartphones: Price starts at around Rs 19,000; check out highlights, availability
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 on offer free; check out how you can win the smartphone, more!
- LeEco Max 2 price cut to 17,999; Amazon.in, Snapdeal.com too to make smartphone available
- ‘Unique’ and affordable Intex Cloud Q11 smartphone launched priced at Rs 4,699
- UPPSC recruitment 2016: Notification released for 361 RO, ARO posts; check uppsc.up.nic on how to apply