Docoss X1 smartphone priced at Rs 888: All you want to know
Docoss X1 smartphone priced at Rs 888 has been unveiled by the company on social media - quite reticent when compared to what Ringing Bells, the manufacturers of Freedom 251 Rs 251 smartphone, did by getting it launched by top BJP leader MM Joshi - Docoss X1 is being freely compared to Freedom 251 due to its low price, with some actually calling it impossible. While Freedom 251 turned into a fiasco, the jury is still out on Docoss X1.
Check out here what Docoss X1 looks like in images and video posted by the company of its X1 Android smartphone. This attempt by the company is intended to add legitimacy in the face of criticism and many doubters who have emerged as even at Rs 888 the phone is quite cheap. Indian Cellular Association (ICA) president Pankaj Mohindroo had told IndianExpress.com at the time of the Ringing Bells launch that this “pricing is not possible under any circumstances, even if the components are made in India”. He said the bill for material for a product like this would be around $40 (approx Rs 2,600) . Here is all you want to know about the smartphone:
Docoss X1 features a 4-inch display with a resolution of 800 x 480. The smartphone is powered by a Cortex A7 chip coupled with 1GB RAM - 4GB storage (32GB expandable), a dual-core processor, Android 4.4 KitKat.
Docoss X1 comes with a 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera. There is 4GB internal storage which is just too less for any kind of a smartphone but the company claims expandable storage should ease things off.
Docoss X1 reportedly packs a 1300mAh battery and the smartphone runs Android 4.4 KitKat. The company is now taking orders via sms. Docoss says the device will be shipped starting May 2.
More from this section
- World’s first flying taxi takes test flight in Dubai; see pictures
- World’s iconic structures come alive in Durga Puja pandal themes; check out stunning images
- Sachin Tendulkar, Aaditya Thackeray boost Swachhata Hi Seva campaign in Mumbai, PM Narendra Modi hails effort
- Bhoomi collection: How well has this Sanjay Dutt film done at the box office? Result will disappoint you
- Newton collection Day 4: India’s Oscar entry scripts success at Box Office, earns Rs 8.21 crore after horror start
- Jio Phone unboxing in pics: Check out what’s inside the Reliance 4G VoLTE feature handset
- Mahamana Express to finally get swankier AC-3 tier coaches! Here’s an exclusive sneak peek
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list