Karbonn Quattro L52, Titanium Mach Six smartphones with VR headsets launched; price starts Rs 7,490
Karbonn Quattro L52 and Karbonn Titanium Mach Six smartphones with VR headsets were launched on Monday priced at Rs 8,790 and Rs 7,490, respectively. The VR technology is creating a lot of buzz globally with technology giants like Google, Facebook and Microsoft working on creating a unique, immersive experiences for the end-users.
Karbonn Quattro L52 runs on Android 5.0.1 and its entrails are powered by 1.3 GHz dual-core processor with 2 GB RAM. The device comes with 16 GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded upto 32 GB via microSD card.
While the VR headset is available only with these devices, Karbonn plans to launch these as a separate standalone product soon. "VR is the next big growth area in consumer technology. As per a recent report, the global Virtual Reality market is expected to touch an estimated USD 120 billion by 2020," Karbonn Mobiles Executive Director Shashin Devsare said. While the technology offers huge growth potential in India with the burgeoning smartphone market, affordability would be key to encourage mass adoption, he added.
"Karbonn's VR glasses are an effort to bring VR technology at disruptive price-points in the under Rs 10,000 bracket. We are optimistic about the consumer response and are confident that Karbonn's range of VR smartphones will be a key cog in bringing the benefits of VR technology to the masses," he said.
The VR glasses, made of sturdy ABS plastic fibre, come fitted with bi-convex lenses which augment a video to provide a theatre-like experience, making it a highly useful tool for archiving walk-throughs of popular historical monuments, museums etc. Users can also create their own VR videos using the pre-embedded VR app on the phone. Virtual reality (VR) technology immerses the user in a computer-generated simulation of an environment, allowing the user to interact in that world.
More from this section
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express in Varanasi, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride Indian Railways train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets
- 5 Indian players who have taken hat-trick in international cricket
- Mahamana Express: 15 facts about ‘luxury’ train connecting PM Modi’s Varanasi to Gujarat’s Vadodara, Surat
- Kim Jong Un calls Trump deranged old man: Here are 5 things to know about North Korea leader’s rebuke of US President
- Bihar TET Result 2017: Teacher Eligibility Test scores declared at bsebonline.net, biharboard.ac.in; visit official website to check
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Day 1, Top 10 mobiles from Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, with best offers, discounts
- In pics: Rahul Gandhi dares Narendra Modi in US, hopes to create ripples in India