Judwaa 2 Box office collections shock and awe; Varun Dhawan tops, but see what Kangana Ranaut’s Simran to Sanjay Dutt’s Bhoomi earned
Judwaa 2 Box office collections have crowned Varun Dhawan as a Bollywood superstar. The month of September was rather pleasant for Bollywood in terms of box office collections. Some very renowned Bollywood names came with their movies and on one hand whereas some managed to spread the magic, the others went by without any notice. The month has witnessed the release of some noteworthy movies including Judwaa 2, Newton, Sanjay Dutt's Bhoomi and Kangana Ranaut's Simran. On one hand, where Judwaa 2 garnered massive bucks at the box office, Rajkumar Rao's Newton made its way to the Oscar nominations, but did not bother the BO too much. Here are the box office collections of movies which created a buzz this month: (Bollywood Hungama)
Giving a tough time to Bollywood biggies is Varun Dhawan starrer Judwaa 2. The movie has already toppled Shah Rukh Khan's Jab Harry Met Sejal in the opening day collections. Not only this, the movie on the verge of entering into the Rs 100 cr club. A year which has proved to be not so memorable for Bollywood, Dhawan has etched his name among the industry's biggies. Judwaa 2 has so far garnered Rs 92.02 crores. (Bollywood Hungama)
Audiences' had a lot of expectation from Kangana starrer Simran and even speculated that it could repeat the success of Queen. But all speculations went in vain are the moviegoers were disappointed with what went on screen. Though Kangana gave a stellar performance, the movie barely managed to earn Rs 16.98 cr sailing on her broad shoulders. (Bollywood Hungama)
Rajkumar Rao's Newton was the biggest shocker of this month. Making its way to the Oscar nomination was one of the most important aspects why Newton's box office collections suddenly escalated. At this juncture, Newton stands at Rs 17.59 crore.
Bhoomi marked the comeback of Bollywood's favourite ' Khalnayak'. Though it managed to rake up a decent total in the opening day, the collections dwindled consequently. Sanjay Dutt starrer has earned 10.28 crore. (Bollywood Hungama)
Shraddha Kapoor looked promising as Dawood Ibrahim's sister in and as Haseena Parkar. The movie did nothing miraculous in terms of its box office collection. It earned Rs 8 crore.
Lucknow Central was a movie with a promising cast, acting, and well-knit story. Farhan strived to give his best performance supported by the brilliant cast consisting of Dipak Dobriyal, Diana Penty etc. Lucknow Central earned Rs 11.17 crore. (Bollywood Hungama)
More from this section
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!