Judwaa 2 box office collections: Big feather in Varun Dhawan’s cap, listed in top 5 grossers of 2017; see list
Bollywood has seen a mix of films entering the list of movies which made it to the big box office openers of 2017. 2017, so far has seen the release of mega-blockbuster movies like Bahubali 2. On one hand, where movies featuring Bollywood biggies made their way to the list, the newest entrant is Varun Dhawan starrer Judwaa 2 which racing its way to the Rs 100 cr club already. Here are the movies which squeezed their way to the list of top five box office openers of 2017:
Bahubali 2, the movie which was the year's most awaited one with just one question on every movie goers lips- ''Why did Katappa kill Bahubali?'' Director SS Rajamouli very cleverly managed to keep the buzz alive in the mind of the people even two years after the release of its first part. Pre-booking, Housefull theatres for continued weeks make Bahubali 2 the inevitable winner with Rs 41 crore.
Just like every year, this time too Salman Khan gave 'eidi' to his fans through his Eid release, Tubelight. Despite failing to win appreciation from both the critics and fans, Tubelight managed to be the second highest grosser of 2017.
Be it the star power, the controversy of starring Pakistani actress Mahira Khan or the death of a fan during SRK's promotional stunt; this movie collected Rs 20.41 crore on the first day of its release. Raees became the third highest grosser of this year.
This might come as a shocker to many but Varun Dhawan has managed to enter the list of highest box office openers of this year. David Dhawan directed Judwaa 2 has already surpassed Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’ in the opening day collections. The movie, which is more like a reboot rather than a sequel to the Salman Khan starrer that was released a couple of decades ago has set the box office on fire.
Jab Harry Met Sejal:
This is the first time SRK and Imtiaz Ali had come together to deliver a romantic drama with Anushka Sharma as the leading lady. The film failed to impress its critics and charm its audience besides the presence of star power like Shah Rukh. Jab Harry Met Sejal which released on August 4 garnered 15.25 crore day 1 collection.
More from this section
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look