Baahubali 2: The Conclusion: Prabhas not the highest-paid in the film, here’s who beat him in top list
SS Raajmouli's Baahubali 2: The Conclusion has broken all the box-office records that one could think of and is continuing to create new ones each passing day. It became the first Indian film to earn over Rs 1000 cr internationally and also became the highest earning Hindi film - it has set records at each and every milestone - Rs 50 cr, Rs 100 cr, Rs 150 cr, Rs 200 cr and more. According to a report published by The Indian Express, the total budget of two films stood at Rs 430 crore but the question that everyone is finding an answer to is how much were the main actors paid? Well, surprisingly it wasn't Prabhas who was paid the most. Here is a break of salaries according to a Times Now report:
1. Prabhas (Baahubali) The South Indian star gave five years of his life to the film and Rajamouli made it clear that this movie wouldn't have been possible without Prabhas' dedication. He didn't sign any film for five years and was paid Rs 25 crore, making him the highest paid 'actor' in Baahubali team.
2. Rana Daggubati (Bhallaladeva) If there was one actor who gave Prabhas a run for his money, it was Rana Daggubati. He played the badass villain and charged Rs 15 crore for the franchise.
3. Anushka Shetty (Devasena) Anushka Shetty had a limited role to play in the first part but gave a breathtaking performance in the second part. Her younger version of a warrior princess was the big surprise for the viewers. She charged Rs 5 cr to play that role.
4. Tamannaah Bhatia (Avanthika) While Anushka Shetty dominated the second part, it was Tamannaah who stole the show in the first part. Playing the role of a rebel she was paid Rs 5 crore for her part.
5. Ramya Krishnan (Sivagami) Ramya Krishnan got to play which was probably the most powerful character in the movie. Her portrayal of fearless Sivagami was one of the bright points of the movie and the veteran actress was paid Rs 2.5 crore for that.
6. Sathyaraj (Kattappa) The entire marketing campaign for the second part depended on one question: 'Why did Kattappa kill Baahubali' making Kattappa a household name. However, as surprising asit may sound, Sathyaraj was paid only Rs 2 crore for the movie.
7. SS Rajamouli So, if you were wondering who was the highest paid man on the sets of Baahubali, the answer is SS Rajamouli. The brain behind the entire saga was paid Rs 28 crore and also got one-third share of the profits.
More from this section
- Sachin Tendulkar, Aaditya Thackeray boost Swachhata Hi Seva campaign in Mumbai, PM Narendra Modi hails effort
- Bhoomi collection: How well has this Sanjay Dutt film done at the box office? Result will disappoint you
- Newton collection Day 4: India’s Oscar entry scripts success at Box Office, earns Rs 8.21 crore after horror start
- Jio Phone unboxing in pics: Check out what’s inside the Reliance 4G VoLTE feature handset
- Mahamana Express to finally get swankier AC-3 tier coaches! Here’s an exclusive sneak peek
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images