Baahubali 2: The Conclusion collection failed to beat Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’ opening day record!
After creating frenzy over the last 3 days, SS Rajamouli's Baahubali 2: The Conclusion released on April 28 created history by breaking all the existing Box Office Collections records. Not just in India, the sequel of Baahubali: The Beginning has now been ranked number 3 in the United States Box Office based on its opening weekend earnings. While a lot of records were broken, there was one thing that the movie failed to do, it could not break the opening day BO collection of Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year in the Hindi market. (Picture Credit: Bollywood Hungama)
Deepika Padukone, Shahrukh Khan starrer Happy New Year, directed by Farah Khan released worldwide on October 24, 2014. The movie earned Rs 44.97 crore on its opening day, by the end of its opening weekend its collection reached Rs 108.86 crore and by the end of its first week, Happy New Year collection reached Rs 157.57 crore. The lifetime collection of the film was Rs 203 crore. (Picture Credit: Bollywood Hungama)
On the other hand, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion broke other records but could not surpass the Shahrukh Khan starrer. It earned Rs 41 crore on its opening day in the region. However, to put things in perspective, Baahubali 2 earned Rs 12 cr across India on day 1 (Rs 41 cr in North and Rs 80 cr in South India), Baahubali 2 collections are rocketing along and by the end of its opening weekend, the movie has earned Rs 128 crore, which is more than that of Happy New Year - overall it has reportedly collected over Rs 400 cr. (Picture Credit: Bollywood Hungama)
So, though it may have left SRK with a few bragging rights, Baahubali 2 has cornered all the glory and is likely to end up as the first movie in India to enter the Rs 1,000 cr club. And that is a challenge that the three Khans of Bollywood and Akshay Kumar may well find daunting. (Picture Credit: Bollywood Hungama)
More from this section
- President election result 2017: Celebration begins after Ram Nath Kovind elected as 14th President of India, in pictures
- Presidential election 2017: From Rajendra Prasad to Pranab Mukherjee, here is the list of all Presidents and their achievements
- India’s first bio-methane bus launched by Tata Motors; know about the vehicle that runs on food waste!
- How much do North Korea’s nukes cost? Less than 1 aircraft carrier? Take a look
- Monsoon fury across Delhi NCR; see pics
- Game of Thrones season 7 episode 2 images out; Jon Snow, Littlefinger confrontation on cards
- From Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to Moto E4 Plus: Best smartphones with over 4000 mAh battery
- From Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to OnePlus 5: Top 7 latest smartphones launched in the last month
- USS Gerald R. Ford: US Navy gets world’s most expensive aircraft carrier; 10 facts about the formidable warship