From Dangal to Sultan, here are 5 movies Baahubali 2: The Conclusion defeated on box-office
An astounding setting like James Cameron's 'Avatar', Stunning visuals like Ridley Scott's 'Gladiator', thrilling action sequences like Zack Snyder's '300' and outstanding dialogues like Mel Gibson's 'Braveheart', SS Rajamouli's Baahubali 2 The Conclusion is the closest India has come to the standards of Hollywood. All the hype and buzz around the film after the director left audience bewildered with the first part was converted into box-office success as the second instalment has minted unbelievable amount of money on its opening weekend, dethroning big films from the list of top earners. As per the latest numbers released by bollywoodhungama.com, the Hindi version earned Rs 128 cr in first three days. The overall collections are well over Rs 400 cr while the lifetime collections are expected to cross the 1000-cr mark, making it the first Indian film to achieve the feat. Here are five movies, Baahubali 2 left behind in its glorious journey on box-office.
The third instalment of Dhoom franchise starring Aamir Khan broke all the box-office records of that time earning Rs 36.22 cr on its first day. The film eared Rs 107.61 cr on its opening weekend and its lifetime collection stands at Rs 284.27 cr.
In last few years, Salman Khan has literally ruled the box-office. Sultan re-established his legacy in 2016 and earned Rs 36.54 cr on its opening day. According to the figures by bollywoodhungama.com, the movie went on to earn Rs 300.45 cr. The film also stars Anushka Sharma and Amit Sadh.
The sentiments of a young girl who was separated from her mother, the drama of India-Pakistan relations and Salman Khan at the centre of all the action, Bajrangi Bhaijaan had all the ingredients to be a box-office hit. The film directed by Kabir Khan earned Rs 27.25 cr on its first day and its lifetime collections stand at Rs 320.34 cr.
Aamir Khan has set a different standard for himself and with PK, became the first actor to cross the 300-cr mark. Based on the adventurous journey of an alien on Earth, Raj Kumar Hirani's film earned Rs 26.62 on day 1 but took its total collection to Rs 340.8 cr.
India loves sports but for some reasons, movies based on sports didn't do anything exceptional on box-office until Aamir Khan decided to enter the genre with Dangal. The film was welcomed by the audience with open arms and broke all box-office records. It earned Rs 29.78 cr on day 1, Rs 107.01 cr in its opening weekend and Rs 387.38 collectively.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom