Vin Diesel leads Paul Walker tributes on tragic Fast and Furious star’s third death anniversary
Paul Walker died three years ago on November 30 in a car crash. While his loss was felt immensely by the film industry and fans, it's his The Fast and The Furious co-stars, particularly Vin Diesel, who were hit the hardest by the actor's untimely death. On his third death anniversary, cast members of the franchise paid tribute to the actor on social media. (Indian Express)
Vin Diesel, who's always been the most vocal about the loss of his 'brother', changed his wallpaper on Facebook to a photo of him and Paul Walker. Diesel, who fondly called his co-star Pablo, named his daughter Pauline, who was born in 2015, after Walker. Vin and Paul first met on the sets of the original Fast And The Furious and remained close friends since. Upon Paul's death, Diesel had said, “I lost my best friend. I lost my brother.” (Facebook)
Jordana Brewster, who played Paul's onscreen wife in the series, shared a photo of herself with the actor on Twitter. “I miss you and I love you every single day #paulwalkerforever,” she wrote. In real life, Paul never married, but had a daughter, Meadow, with his ex-girlfriend Rebecca Soteros. Meadow currently runs his charity organisation The Paul Walker Foundation. (Twitter)
Tyrese Gibson, who played the role of Roman Pearce in the series, posted a montage on Instagram with various shots of Paul with his daughter, Gibson and Diesel. His caption read, “This week is always rough for those of us who really knew him personally 14 years of laugher, hugs and love literally one of the nicest people on HUMAN FEET!!!! Nov 30th we lost an angel! Paul treated everyone with the upmost respect and went out of his way to make everyone feel like they mattered.” (Instagram)
Ludacris put up a photo of Paul on the Fast & Furious sets, captioned, “Gone but never forgotten.” When Paul wasn't filming for the franchise, he was immersed in charity work. In 2010, he traveled to Chile to help the victims of an earthquake and after a trip to Haiti the same year, he founded Reach Out Worldwide, a charity to help areas struck by natural disasters. (Instagram)
Scott Eastwood, who is set to step into the hole left by Paul in Furious 8, shared a pic of the actor as well. He wrote, “Miss you Paul. I love this pic because it sums up how you made people feel. You taught me so much. Lessons that I find myself passing on to people in my life now. Thanks for all the laughs big bro.” While Paul owed much of his fame to the Fast & Furious series, his other famous movies included Eight Below, Into The Blue and Joy Ride. (Instagram)
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists