Dear Zindagi box office collections: Day 3 earnings rise to Rs 12.5 cr; Shahrukh Khan, Alia Bhatt starrer set for superhit status
Dear Zindagi box office collections: It must have been a great weekend for the Dear Zindagi cast as the movie's India collection stood at Rs 32.50 crore on Monday. Alia Bhatt and Shahrukh Khan were showered with praises for their not-so-mainstream film and Gauri Shinde's theme and well thought out characters were appreciated too. With these figures, the week ahead look brighter and brighter for the film. Many questioned why Shahrukh Khan had chosen this ‘suicidal’ policy of making a ‘hatke’ film and then releasing it in just over 1100 theatres and that too mostly in multiplexes, it is now evidently clear that the superstar knew what he was doing and was aware of what his fans really wanted. (Bollywood Hungama)
Through Dear Zindagi, Shahrukh Khan may well have created a viable new alternative for other megastars like Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. Also, since the budget of this film was small, this segment would open a huge opportunity for other filmmakers to take advantage of. (Official Trailer)
The spectacular fact about Dear Zindagi that really needs to be highlighted is that all its previous box office collections predictions can now be tossed out of the window. Its massive opening weekend success means the filmmakers can dream even bigger now, far from the Rs 50 crore figure being bandied up before, the new Dear Zindagi prediction puts the figure way higher. (Bollywood Hungama)
Now, the lifetime collections figure of Dear Zindagi is likely to breach the Rs 60 crore mark, if all things go as planned. Also, in the coming days, as the demonetisation cash crunch eases and people have more acces to their money from ATMs and banks, they will certainly target this splendid movie as a must-watch item on their agenda. So, surprises galore await! (Bollywood Hungama)
As far as Alia Bhatt is concerned, she has scripted yet another success close in the wake of the tremendous and controversial movie that she did alongside Shahid Kapoor. We are of course talking about Udta Punjab. Her role was praised to the skies in that movie and now, in this discerning role in Dear Zindagi, the critics have gone ga-ga over her. This is surely the stuff from which superstars are made of! (Bollywood Hungama)
More from this section
- BMC elections 2017: Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan: See which Bollywood celebs voted
- IPL Auction 2017: From Ben Stokes at Rs 14.5 cr to Pat Cummins at Rs 4.5 Cr, cricketers who bagged the top 5 deals
- Farida Jalal death hoax: Here’s why the actress caused a Twitter frenzy
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival
- Grammys 2017: Five photos of Adele, Beyonce and Lady Gaga to blow your mind