Dear Zindagi box office collections: Day 3 earnings rise to Rs 12.5 cr; Shahrukh Khan, Alia Bhatt starrer set for superhit status
Dear Zindagi box office collections: It must have been a great weekend for the Dear Zindagi cast as the movie's India collection stood at Rs 32.50 crore on Monday. Alia Bhatt and Shahrukh Khan were showered with praises for their not-so-mainstream film and Gauri Shinde's theme and well thought out characters were appreciated too. With these figures, the week ahead look brighter and brighter for the film. Many questioned why Shahrukh Khan had chosen this ‘suicidal’ policy of making a ‘hatke’ film and then releasing it in just over 1100 theatres and that too mostly in multiplexes, it is now evidently clear that the superstar knew what he was doing and was aware of what his fans really wanted. (Bollywood Hungama)
Through Dear Zindagi, Shahrukh Khan may well have created a viable new alternative for other megastars like Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. Also, since the budget of this film was small, this segment would open a huge opportunity for other filmmakers to take advantage of. (Official Trailer)
The spectacular fact about Dear Zindagi that really needs to be highlighted is that all its previous box office collections predictions can now be tossed out of the window. Its massive opening weekend success means the filmmakers can dream even bigger now, far from the Rs 50 crore figure being bandied up before, the new Dear Zindagi prediction puts the figure way higher. (Bollywood Hungama)
Now, the lifetime collections figure of Dear Zindagi is likely to breach the Rs 60 crore mark, if all things go as planned. Also, in the coming days, as the demonetisation cash crunch eases and people have more acces to their money from ATMs and banks, they will certainly target this splendid movie as a must-watch item on their agenda. So, surprises galore await! (Bollywood Hungama)
As far as Alia Bhatt is concerned, she has scripted yet another success close in the wake of the tremendous and controversial movie that she did alongside Shahid Kapoor. We are of course talking about Udta Punjab. Her role was praised to the skies in that movie and now, in this discerning role in Dear Zindagi, the critics have gone ga-ga over her. This is surely the stuff from which superstars are made of! (Bollywood Hungama)
More from this section
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction