Salman Khan is the Sultan of social media, beats Deepika Padukone, Amitabh Bachchan
After becoming the king of the box office with Sultan, Salman Khan is now the king of social media. With over 50 million followers, Bhai surpassed all other Bollywood stars as most-followed celebrity on social media. Deepika Padukone also scored big in this category, while Amitabh Bachchan came out as the most engaging celebrity online. (Indian Express)
As of September 2016, Salman has a staggering 51.9 million followers online. Deepika Padukone, who followed close behind, was the most followed female celebrity and had a fan base of 48.2 million. Given Amitabh Bachchan's recent revelation that he writes on his blog every day and had almost 3,000 posts, according to India Today, it's no surprise that the Pink actor came out as the most engaging star. The actor has around 46.5 million likes, comments and shares on social media. (Indian Express)
Another victory for Big B was that the actor is the best brand ambassador on social media. He tied with Sonam Kapoor, who has actively written about Colgate and Oppo on Twitter. Mr Bachchan has actively promoted Jio on his social media accounts. Another Jio ambassador, Shahrukh Khan came in at the 3rd spot with his continuous efforts to promote the network and his other brand Frooti. (Indian Express)
‘Raees’ team is all set to release the trailer in the coming week and has infact come up with a unique way of reaching out to nine cities and engaging with more and more fans rather than confining to a single city. (Indian Express)
At 20.7%, Akshay Kumar had highest growth in his number of fans, followed by Ranveer Singh and Salman Khan. Shraddha Kapoor left Akshay in the dust, however, with a growth rate of 32.9%, topping the list of female celebrities. She was followed by Jacqueline Fernandez and Anushka Sharma respectively. Speaking on the Celebrity Index, Deepak Mittal, CEO, TO THE NEW, said, “Social media has become a very critical component for celebrities to share their opinion and engage with the fans. Our annual Digital Celebrity Index is a medium to identify the most digital savvy celebrities and understand how they engage with the audience.” (Indian Express)
More from this section
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival
- Grammys 2017: Five photos of Adele, Beyonce and Lady Gaga to blow your mind
- World’s heaviest woman weighing 500kg from Egypt lands in Mumbai for surgery
- India vs Bangladesh, Day 2: India’s dominant batting display mastered by Virat Kohli enthralls Hyderabad crowd
- Jolly LLB 2 box office collections: Akshay Kumar vs Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil and Shahrukh Khan’s Raees