Dangal Dhaakad Song: Aamir Khan’s ‘daughter’ aces; Women=men? Check this out!
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dangal, starring Aamir Khan, is quickly grabbing headlines with its story of women empowerment and it's new number Dhaakad is a powerful extension of this theme. After Haanikarak Bapu, Dhaakad, which was released today, is the second song from the sports film's soundtrack. The music video of the song shows Geeta Phogat's rise from the wrestling grounds of Haryana to competing in the 2011 Commonwealth Games, as her father Mahavir Singh coaches and supports the unstoppable athlete. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: The song features some thrilling shots where a young Geeta Phogat (played by Zaira Wasim) wrestles men who are much larger than her and then goes on to win those matches. Aamir is seen cheering for his daughter as he sit with the match's audience and watches her progress with pride. While Geeta is initially not taken seriously because of her gender, as her victories grow, so does her fanbase. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dhaakad pays tribute to Indian women continuing in the face of great obstacles, said a source, and we're certain the women in the audience are sure to appreciate it. “Dhaakad means powerful and the makers want to dedicate this song to the daughters of India. The song showcases the young girls wrestling with heavily built men and winning over them with ease,” the source explained. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dhaakad is composed by Pritam and features Haryanvi rap sung quite deftly by Raftaar. The lyrics, according to a report in DNA, have been penned down by Amitabh Bhattacharya. The video tracks Geeta's journey from a young girl competing in local matches in Haryana to competing in the Commonwealth Games when she's grown up (Fatima Sana Shaikh plays the older version of Geeta). (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: While Aamir Khan was busy attending Geeta's wedding to fellow wrestler Pawan Kuman in Haryana last weekend, he took to Twitter today to promote Dhaakad. “Hey guys, hope you like our 2nd song of Dangal. Proud to present my Dhaakad girls! Love. A,” he wrote. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the film also stars Sanya Malhotra, who plays Mahavir Singh's younger daughter Babita, and Sakshi Tanwar. (Official Music Video)
More from this section
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction