Dangal Dhaakad Song: Aamir Khan’s ‘daughter’ aces; Women=men? Check this out!
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dangal, starring Aamir Khan, is quickly grabbing headlines with its story of women empowerment and it's new number Dhaakad is a powerful extension of this theme. After Haanikarak Bapu, Dhaakad, which was released today, is the second song from the sports film's soundtrack. The music video of the song shows Geeta Phogat's rise from the wrestling grounds of Haryana to competing in the 2011 Commonwealth Games, as her father Mahavir Singh coaches and supports the unstoppable athlete. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: The song features some thrilling shots where a young Geeta Phogat (played by Zaira Wasim) wrestles men who are much larger than her and then goes on to win those matches. Aamir is seen cheering for his daughter as he sit with the match's audience and watches her progress with pride. While Geeta is initially not taken seriously because of her gender, as her victories grow, so does her fanbase. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dhaakad pays tribute to Indian women continuing in the face of great obstacles, said a source, and we're certain the women in the audience are sure to appreciate it. “Dhaakad means powerful and the makers want to dedicate this song to the daughters of India. The song showcases the young girls wrestling with heavily built men and winning over them with ease,” the source explained. (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: Dhaakad is composed by Pritam and features Haryanvi rap sung quite deftly by Raftaar. The lyrics, according to a report in DNA, have been penned down by Amitabh Bhattacharya. The video tracks Geeta's journey from a young girl competing in local matches in Haryana to competing in the Commonwealth Games when she's grown up (Fatima Sana Shaikh plays the older version of Geeta). (Official Music Video)
Aamir Khan Dangal: While Aamir Khan was busy attending Geeta's wedding to fellow wrestler Pawan Kuman in Haryana last weekend, he took to Twitter today to promote Dhaakad. “Hey guys, hope you like our 2nd song of Dangal. Proud to present my Dhaakad girls! Love. A,” he wrote. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the film also stars Sanya Malhotra, who plays Mahavir Singh's younger daughter Babita, and Sakshi Tanwar. (Official Music Video)
More from this section
- BMC elections 2017: Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan: See which Bollywood celebs voted
- IPL Auction 2017: From Ben Stokes at Rs 14.5 cr to Pat Cummins at Rs 4.5 Cr, cricketers who bagged the top 5 deals
- Farida Jalal death hoax: Here’s why the actress caused a Twitter frenzy
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival
- Grammys 2017: Five photos of Adele, Beyonce and Lady Gaga to blow your mind