Mirzya box office collections: Harshvardhan Kapoor starrer gets a poor start, earns Rs 2.2 cr on day 1
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Mirzya starring debutants Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher box office collections earned Rs 2.2 crore on day 1. The movie opened to a very low occupancy in morning shows.
Mirzya box office collections: Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#Mirzya has a SHOCKINGLY LOW start… Records DISMAL figures on Day 1… Fri ₹ 2.20 cr. India biz.” The signs were all there on Friday, with theatres staying largely empty. Adarsh had earlier written, “#Mirzya morning-afternoon trends very weak… Needs a miraculous jump in evening + night shows and also on Sat + Sun to leave a mark at BO.”
Mirzya box office collections: Mirzya is an adaption of a Punjabi folklore ‘Mirza-Sahiban’ and the first glimpse of the film was quite impressive enough and the masses were also looking forward to watching the film but the day 1 collections is not that impressive. Mirzya was panned by critics and considering its niche nature and now it seems difficult for the film to score in mass centers.
Mirzya box office collections: 'Mirzya' visual brilliance and rich music (Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Gulzar) has recieved rave reviews. The film at the same time has been criticised for the performances by its lead actors and the film's overall stale pace. Mirzya is Harshvardhan Kapoor's first Bollywood film. Mirzya will have to show a massive growth over the weekend to sustain further in the week.
More from this section
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest: Supporters gather at Apollo Hospitals
- PM Narendra Modi visits Golden Temple with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani, serves ‘langar’: See in pictures
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Goa wedding: Check out the inside glimpse
- Kahaani 2: Top 5 things to look out for in Vidya Balan’s new film
- Cyclone Nada weakens as it nears land-fall; heavy rain hits Tamil Nadu
- Anna University Exam: Cyclone Nada forces postponement; here are the new dates
- Vin Diesel leads Paul Walker tributes on tragic Fast and Furious star’s third death anniversary
- Reliance Jio has grown faster than Facebook, Whatsapp, says Mukesh Ambani, unveils free offers
- In Reliance Jio speech, Mukesh Ambani gives thumbs-up to PM Narendra Modi’s demonetisation drive