Mirzya box office collections: Harshvardhan Kapoor starrer gets a poor start, earns Rs 2.2 cr on day 1
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Mirzya starring debutants Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher box office collections earned Rs 2.2 crore on day 1. The movie opened to a very low occupancy in morning shows.
Mirzya box office collections: Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#Mirzya has a SHOCKINGLY LOW start… Records DISMAL figures on Day 1… Fri ₹ 2.20 cr. India biz.” The signs were all there on Friday, with theatres staying largely empty. Adarsh had earlier written, “#Mirzya morning-afternoon trends very weak… Needs a miraculous jump in evening + night shows and also on Sat + Sun to leave a mark at BO.”
Mirzya box office collections: Mirzya is an adaption of a Punjabi folklore ‘Mirza-Sahiban’ and the first glimpse of the film was quite impressive enough and the masses were also looking forward to watching the film but the day 1 collections is not that impressive. Mirzya was panned by critics and considering its niche nature and now it seems difficult for the film to score in mass centers.
Mirzya box office collections: 'Mirzya' visual brilliance and rich music (Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Gulzar) has recieved rave reviews. The film at the same time has been criticised for the performances by its lead actors and the film's overall stale pace. Mirzya is Harshvardhan Kapoor's first Bollywood film. Mirzya will have to show a massive growth over the weekend to sustain further in the week.
More from this section
- CBSE Uniform System of Assessment between classes 6 to 9: Know all the new exam format
- Xiaomi’s cheapest phone Redmi 4A launched in India at Rs 5,999: Other Top 5 smartphones available under Rs 10,000
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport bags world’s number 2 & ‘Best Airport in Central Asia’ awards
- UP Chief Minister swearing-in: Yogi Adityanath takes charge as PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah watch from stage
- Donald Trump meets Angela Merkel: A cold, ‘humiliation-filled’ encounter with one of USA’s trusted allies
- Indian Railways takes a leap! These ‘Make in India’ suburban rail EMUs will replace ones powered by MNCs
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport is the ‘Best Regional Airport in Central Asia’
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat to ease traffic woes on Ahmedabad-Mumbai National Highway
- UP polls 2017: With ‘Jai Kisan, Jai Jawan’ slogan in Varanasi, PM Narendra Modi unveils his UP vision for farmers