Shahrukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan in highest paid actors Forbes list topped by ‘The Rock’ at $64.5 mn
Just days after Deepika Padukone climbed into the top 10 highest paid actresses Forbes list, Bollywood male stars Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan find themselves in the male 'World's Highest Paid Actors 2016' list. While the list was topped by 'The Rock' Dwayne Johnson, Indian actors' earnings were as good as the best actors in Hollywood including Brad Pitt and Robert Downey Jr. Put together, the world's 20 highest-paid actors earnings soared to $703.5 million between June 2015-2016.
Shahrukh Khan clocked magnificent earnings of $33 million and got ranked 8th on the list of 20. In fact, SRK found himself in illustrious company as he was tied with 'Iron Man' Downey Jr who had earned the same amount. On Shahrukh Khan, Forbes said he continues to rule Bollywood box office, and earns multimillion-dollars upfront fees plus a cut of the total. In a quirky aside, this is what Forbes had to say about SRK: "He also cashes in on endorsement deals for dozens of brands most Americans have likely never heard of."
Akshay Kumar has had a string of extremely successful movies. He has been laughing all the way to the bank and to put things in perspective at $31.5 million, he is tied with Hollywood hottie Brad Pitt in the 10th spot on the Forbes list. Forbes made this comment about Akshay Kumar, "The action star bolsters his earnings endorsing a wider range of products than most Hollywood shills."
Surprisingly, Salman Khan finds himself far off in the Forbes list from SRK and Akshay. With an earning of $28.5 million, Salman is ranked 14th on the list and he does make waves as he just beat Leonardo Dicaprio, who finds himself in 15th spot with an earning of $27 million. Forbes digressed a bit on Salman Khan and actually mentioned his 2015 sentence of 5 years, later quashed, in a hit-and-run case.
Veteran actor and Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan has not really made much news as far as box office collections are concerned although his movies are regularly released through the year. With an earning on $20 million, Big B is in the 18th spot , just ahead of Hollywood heartthrob Matthew McConaughey on 19th spot and 'Indiana Jones' legend Harrison Ford in 20th.
The actor who found himself on top of the list was the erstwhile WWE wrestler and current actor 'The Rock' Dwayne Johnson as the world's highest-paid actor at $64.5 million. The money came from fees for movies like 'Central Intelligence' and 'Fast and Furious 8', and the upcoming Baywatch.
At No. 2, surprisingly, since we hear so little of him nowadays was Jackie Chan at $61 million. At No. 3 is Matt Damon at $55 million and Tom Cruise at No. 4 with $53 million in earnings. Johnny Depp is at No. 5 with $48 million.
More from this section
- Hurricane Maria pummels Dominica, barrels toward US Virgin Islands; see pictures
- Heavy artillery on display as Russia, Belarus go all guns at Zapad wargame 2017; see pics
- Kolkata welcomes Durga Puja with kilometre long Alpona; see stunning photos
- Hyderabad Metro rail to begin services from November! Check out 10 cool facts and images
- Shubho Mahalaya! Bengalis gear up for Durga Pujo; see pics
- Russia’s biggest war games since 2013 that have rattled the West
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones now available with this massive price cut, cashback offer too
- CEE Kerala declares allotment result 2017 for LLB course; check cee.kerala.gov.in for latest update
- JNU Admission 2018: Registration open on official website at jnu.ac.in, apply latest by October 31