Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: Akshay Kumar starrer wins big against Hrithik Roshan’s film
Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: Akshay Kumar starrer occupancy rate has soared to 45 percent in the early morning shows while that of Hrithik Roshan starrer is trailing at 35%. How that will translate into hard cash at the turnstiles will be a bit dicey, but prediction is that the former will clear the Rs 15 cr mark and the later will be in low double digits, barring any last minute glitches. Having said that and putting things in perspective, in the biggest of Friday releases this year, two movies with totally different themes starring two totally different actors in Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan have hit the screens. There is a tough fight to be expected as both have huge fan bases and the fact that they have released on the same day means they will be cannibalising each other's collections.
Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: Akshay Kumar's Rustom is based on a true story of love and betrayal and thereafter about how the Indian public opinion allowed a man who shot the lover of his wife dead and yet escaped not just a death sentence, but also long jail term. It is an Akshay Kumar special and worth a dekko. (PTI)
Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: On the other side is Mohenjo Daro, which, as its name suggests harks back to a historical past, but it is more about love and redemption than anything else. Hrithik Roshan is a master actor and only the best is expected of him and that is exactly what he has proceeded to deliver.
Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: Now comes the tough part. Both Akshay Kumar with Rustom and Hrithik Roshan with Mohenjo Daro must be hoping against hope that the extended Independence Day weekend manages to override the negative impact of releasing on the same day. So, from Friday to Monday (August 15), both these movies will be hoping against hope that all their fans troop into the the theatres. Because thereafter the plunge in collections is likely to be massive. (PTI)
Rustom vs Mohenjo Daro box office collections: While the early lead was taken by Akshay Kumar starrer Rustom in terms of occupancy rate, Hrithik Roshan starrer Mohenjo daro is expected to make up for it over the day and the opening weekend simply because he has come out with a new movie after a long time and his fans and other Bollywood movie lovers would like to check him out in this new avatar. Akshay has been a regular in theatres. Having said that, Rustom will only gain from the fact that Akshay has kept himelf in the news now for years. The actor who gets the best word of mouth boost will win. Exactly how that will pan out is not still unclear.(PTI)
More from this section
- SSC CGL 2017: Candidates find level of test difficult, demand normalisation of scores
- HBSE Open Admit Card 2017 for class 10th, 12th now available at bseh.org.in, visit official website to download
- Swach Bharat Abhiyan! Indian Army carries out cleanliness drive at Siachen, world’s highest battlefield; see pictures
- India’s big diplomacy push in Middle East! Indian submarine, warships & reconnaissance aircraft on deployment
- Powerful earthquake rocks Mexico, several dead as buildings collapse; take a look
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Top 8 offers, discounts on Apple, Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, Motorola mobiles
- Flipkart Big Billion day offers 2017: Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, more; here are top smartphones up for grabs
- AK-47 rifle inventor Mikhail Kalashnikov gets statue in Russia; see pictures
- Mumbai rains: Schools shut, flights delayed; rain fury brings city to standstill again, see pics