Rustom marriage scene with Ileana d’Cruz has Akshay Kumar stamp of authority
It is no wonder that quite a few of his movies gain entry into the Rs 100 cr club. And this time too, the superstar is leaving nothing to chance. Akshay Kumar has ensured the Rustom wedding scene with Ileana d'Cruz be as picture perfect as can be. And, as per the photo, it goes a long way in cementing his status as a perfectionist par excellence. Akshay always brings that spectacular quality to each aspect of his work. And this time he has applied the same to his new movie and made it so reminiscent of the 1950s Parsi community weddings that it would leave you pop-eyed and gaping with amazement. Akshay is playing the role of a Parsi gentleman, an officer in the Indian Navy and the marriage with girl he loves was the highlight of the Rustom movie.
Unwilling to let Rustom love story wedding scene pass as a run-of-the-mill event, after all it had to show how deep teh feelings ran before the movie moved to its surprising climax, Akshay Kumar did his best to make it special and that entailed dressing up right for the era. That effort ended bringing a lot of people into the mix where the starring role was that of - yes, his personal assistant Zenobia Kohla. Her parents had got married in the traditional Parsi way and she had all the relevant material in hand in the form of the wedding photo album.
Well, you can't separate the actor from his acting and his style and what emerged from the huge effort was that Akshay Kumar Rustom wedding scene with Ileana d'Cruz was classically perfect - judge for yourself, check out the photographs. In fact, Akshay even manages to look a ditto copy of Zenobia's father with his hunched shoulders, except, while the old photo showed the couple maintaining half-a-metre's distance, Akshay chose to stand with Ileana leaning against each other. And Ileana, of course, ditched the pallu on the head. Amazing grace!
That this was no flash-in-the-pan event is clear from the fact that Akshay Kumar again trots out a perfect look of a proud Indian Navy officer when he dons the uniform for those immaculate poster shots that have marked the movie out as a special one. Nothing has been left to chance. Everything has been ordered to look perfect and the movie reflects the exhaustive effort.
For those who are not familiar with the plot of the movie Rustom, Akshay Kumar plays an Indian Naval officer's role. He is very much an officer and a gentleman. He loves his wife to distraction, but is driven to rage when he finds out that he has been cuckolded and shoots the lover dead after he makes derogatory remarks. The sensational case took India by storm and suffice it to say, the real man spent a few years in jail before he was sensationally released by the courts.
More from this section
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha box office collection: Akshay Kumar dream run continues, movie rockets to Rs 89.95 crore by 6th day
- Spirit of Bihar comes alive as state fights flood fury; see pics
- Bellandur Lake is spewing toxic foam again, leaves commuters in sorry state; check out shocking images
- Nokia 8 first impression: Look at the full specifications & features in pictures
- PM Narendra Modi meets Navy women officers selected for Navika Sagar Parikrama, wishes them luck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth: UK’s biggest ever warship arrives in Portsmouth; check out images
- Dilip Kumar’s mooh-bola-beta Shah Rukh Khan pays him a visit; see heartwarming pics
- Independence Day celebrations in flood hit Assam brings out TRUE meaning of patriotism; check out spectacular photos
- Floods devastate Bihar, Assam, break rail connectivity, affect lakhs of people; take a look