Sultan box office collections: Salman Khan gets desperate after Rajinikanth’s Kabali success?
Leaving behind Khiladi Kumar and Hrithik Roshan, superstar Salman Khan has topped the list of highest advance tax payers for this fiscal.
Sultan box office collections are stupendous. Salman Khan has done magic ove the last few years. Sultan has has logged Rs 562.76 cr overall, he is triumph personified. But Salman Khan wants the Rs 300 cr club entry desperately and is willing to keep his movie in cinemas chugging away regally, but as for as the industry is concerned it is happening in agonizingly slowly and in the end may even be a futile exercise.
There is nothing in it for the actor as far as Sultan box office collections are concerned. He needed to overtake Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 to become the No. 2 film in India and that he achieved with ease, courtesy the momentum the film created in its extended opening weekend and thereafter cruised to the new record. He has overtaken Shah Rukh Khan in all spheres with his outstanding success. However, this huge achievement has been eclipsed by another movie and that may well hurt.
Rajinikanth starrer Kabali hit the cinemas backed by unprecedented hype across the country. There was not even one niche left uncovered by the superb marketing drive unleashed by Rajinikanth. From down south to up north, the crowds thronged the cinemas in mammoth numbers. Ditto in foreign markets. However, while Rajinikanth has raced to a massive lead as far as worldwide collections are concerned, yet Kabali is still stuck in the Rs 200 cr mark area in the domestic market. (Reuters)
However, Sultan has been put in shade when it comes to worldwide collections. While the Sultan box office collections are at Rs 562.76 cr, Rajinikanth’s Kabali raced past the Rs 645 crore mark. There is no way Salman Khan can get back the initiative to stop Rajinikanth or make Sultan get there. The idea is, to realise what reality is and understand when to give up. But in Salman Khan’s world, there is irreverence aplenty, but Bhai may be far from reality when it comes to putting a full stop on anything he does. (PTI)
More from this section
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look