Sultan box office collections: Salman Khan gets desperate after Rajinikanth’s Kabali success?
Leaving behind Khiladi Kumar and Hrithik Roshan, superstar Salman Khan has topped the list of highest advance tax payers for this fiscal.
Sultan box office collections are stupendous. Salman Khan has done magic ove the last few years. Sultan has has logged Rs 562.76 cr overall, he is triumph personified. But Salman Khan wants the Rs 300 cr club entry desperately and is willing to keep his movie in cinemas chugging away regally, but as for as the industry is concerned it is happening in agonizingly slowly and in the end may even be a futile exercise.
There is nothing in it for the actor as far as Sultan box office collections are concerned. He needed to overtake Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 to become the No. 2 film in India and that he achieved with ease, courtesy the momentum the film created in its extended opening weekend and thereafter cruised to the new record. He has overtaken Shah Rukh Khan in all spheres with his outstanding success. However, this huge achievement has been eclipsed by another movie and that may well hurt.
Rajinikanth starrer Kabali hit the cinemas backed by unprecedented hype across the country. There was not even one niche left uncovered by the superb marketing drive unleashed by Rajinikanth. From down south to up north, the crowds thronged the cinemas in mammoth numbers. Ditto in foreign markets. However, while Rajinikanth has raced to a massive lead as far as worldwide collections are concerned, yet Kabali is still stuck in the Rs 200 cr mark area in the domestic market. (Reuters)
However, Sultan has been put in shade when it comes to worldwide collections. While the Sultan box office collections are at Rs 562.76 cr, Rajinikanth’s Kabali raced past the Rs 645 crore mark. There is no way Salman Khan can get back the initiative to stop Rajinikanth or make Sultan get there. The idea is, to realise what reality is and understand when to give up. But in Salman Khan’s world, there is irreverence aplenty, but Bhai may be far from reality when it comes to putting a full stop on anything he does. (PTI)
More from this section
- Rs 50, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes images: Here are the new currency notes released by RBI
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha earns Rs 115.05 cr, but will it beat Akshay Kumar’s highest grosser Rowdy Rathore?
- This shipping route could cut distance from East Asia to Western Europe by 10,000 kilometers; see pics
- How Iran is trying to secure a corridor from its border to the Mediterranean
- Shah Rukh Khan in world’s highest paid actors list, find out 2 other Indians who made it there too
- Typhoon Hato rattles Hong Kong, streets flooded, flights cancelled; see pictures
- Android Oreo: List of smartphones to get the new OS, check if your mobile is on the list
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics
- US Navy to launch fleet-wide probe after USS John McCain collision; see pics