Rajinikanth starrer Kabali: Top 10 things to know
Rajinikanth is all set to release his latest movie Kabali (release date July 22) and his fans are all agog at what has transpired so far. The movie itself is a thriller, full of gang wars and what not - the film features Rajinikanth as a don who fights for Tamils in a foreign land, Malaysia - and it is widely expected to move the box office. Kabali is directed by Pa. Ranjith. In the Kabali cast are Radhika Apte, Kishore, Kalaiarasan, Dinesh, Ritwika, Dhansikaa and Winston Chao. Kabali will also be dubbed and released in Hindi and Malay.
1. 'Kabali' to release in 400 screens in the US: Rajinikanth starrer Tamil actioner "Kabali" will release in 400 screens in the US, with special premieres planned for a day earlier. In the US, distribution company CineGalaxy, which had released "Theri" and "24" earlier this year, will release "Kabali". "It will be the biggest release for a Rajinikanth-starrer in the US. The Tamil as well as Telugu version of the film will release in 400 screens," Madhu Garlapati of CineGalaxy said. According to Madhu, there's unprecedented pre-release buzz for the film. (IANS)
2. Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' passed with U certificate: Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer "Kabali" has been cleared with a U certificate with no cuts by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) on Monday. Said to be based on the story of a real life don, the film has been predominantly shot in Malaysia. The film will also be dubbed in Malay and released on July 29. (IANS)
3. AirAsia India's aircraft dedicated to 'Kabali': AirAsia India, as the official airline partner for "Kabali", has unveiled its all new rebranded aircraft, with a livery dedicated to Rajinikanth-starrer. Bearing the image of the superstar from the movie, parts of the aircraft have been painted and stickered with the livery. The aircraft will be flying across the AirAsia India network of destinations spanning Bengaluru, New Delhi, Goa, Pune, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Guwahati, Imphal, Visakhapatnam and Kochi. The superstar's fans from across India can get to Bengaluru and fly to Chennai to watch the movie upon its release. i5 has planned a special flight from BLR-MAA to watch the first show of "Kabali" on the day of the movie release. Extending the "Kabali" fever, AirAsia India has launched a social media contest for fans to post their "Kabali" style video. The top 10 winners will get to watch the first show of "Kabali" on the day of release. Three other winners will stand a chance to fly to the locations where the movie was shot in Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok. (IANS)
4. Brand 'Kabali' now on mobile phones and coffee mugs: If you thought a ride on AirAsia's "Kabali" airline was out of your budget, here's something affordable for every Rajinikanth fan. Coveritup, a company that churns out high quality mobile phone cases, has partnered with the makers of "Kabali" for exclusive merchandise roll-out. From "Kabali" mobile cases to coffee mugs and posters, Coveritup is the official merchandise partner of the Rajinikanth-starrer which is slated to hit the screens on July 22. "I consider this an opportunity more than anything else. The idea is not to sound commercial, but inspire others," Ronak Sarda, founder and design strategist of Coveritup, said. Take a closer look at the design, a still of Rajinikanth from "Kabali", and one will find that it has more than what meets the eye. (IANS)
Rajinikanth plays a don who fights for Tamils in Malaysia in the film, which is releasing worldwide on Friday.
6. Rajinikanth Kabali song 'Neruppu Da' now a film title: Hit number "Neruppu Da" (fire blazing fiercely) from Rajinikanth's Tamil action-drama "Kabali", which has clocked over nine million views on Youtube, is now the title of a Vikram-Prabhu starrer upcoming Tamil project to be directed by debutant B. Ashok Kumar. According to the makers, there's a valid reason behind the choice of the title. "The film has a different take on the fire service, and it features Vikram Prabhu as a fireman as well as a hardcore Rajinikanth fan. After much deliberation, we felt there can't be a better title than 'Neruppu Da'," Ashok said. (IANS)
7. Rajinikanth's film stole 'Madaari' poster, but no big deal, says Irrfan Khan: Actor Irrfan Khan says that southern megastar Rajinikanth's film "Kabali" have stolen the poster of his upcoming film "Madaari" but said it was no big deal and urged fans to go for both films. Present at a mall in Mumbai for the promotion of the film, Irrfan, asked about the similarity between the films' posters, said: "Even I didn't know that. We are small filmmakers, I saw that Rajinikanthji's film stole the poster of our film. You see his film's poster and see our film's poster. No big deal about it. Watch his film and watch our film, too." Both the posters see the faces of the lead actors, Irrfan Khan and Rajinikanth, with numerous buildings and skyscrapers standing horizontally on their faces. (IANS)
8. Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' release date: Rajinikanth's Tamil action drama "Kabali", which was earlier slated to hit the screens on July 15, has been postponed by a week to July 22. "The exact reason is still unknown but the makers are most likely to push the release by a week. The film will now release on July 22. As soon as the censor is done, the makers will officially announce the release date," a source from the film,"s unit said. (IANS)
9. 'Kabali' song 'Neruppu Da' teaser sets internet on fire: Amid rumours about superstar Rajinikanth's ill-health, the makers of his upcoming Tamil action-drama "Kabali" unveiled the teaser of the song "Neruppu Da" and it has taken the internet by storm. Giving audiences an extended glimpse of Rajinikanth in his most stylish avatar ever, the song, which translates to 'fire blazing fiercely', clocked over a million views in just three hours. The teaser also introduces viewers to the film's main antagonist played by Taiwanese actor Winston Chao. The 35-second teaser ends with the lines from Rajinikanth, announcing to the world, "Tell him I have come. That I have come back!" (IANS)
10. Get your hands on 'Kabali' app: Excited about Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil action-drama "Kabali"? Then get your hands on the film's official app to access all first-hand information. In a first-of-its-kind initiative in southern cinema, the makers of "Kabali" have unveiled an official app, through which users can even participate in contests and win exclusive movie merchandise. According to the team, the app is a one-stop solution for "Kabali" fans. Instead of searching for film-related content on the internet, now everything has been streamlined into the app. (IANS)
More from this section
- IBPS PO Preliminary Online Exam 2017 Call Letter now available at ibps.in, visit official website to download now!
- An entire country goes dark: Puerto Rico without power as Hurricane Maria strikes; take a look
- SSC CGL 2017: Candidates find level of test difficult, demand normalisation of scores
- HBSE Open Admit Card 2017 for class 10th, 12th now available at bseh.org.in, visit official website to download
- Swach Bharat Abhiyan! Indian Army carries out cleanliness drive at Siachen, world’s highest battlefield; see pictures
- India’s big diplomacy push in Middle East! Indian submarine, warships & reconnaissance aircraft on deployment
- Powerful earthquake rocks Mexico, several dead as buildings collapse; take a look
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Top 8 offers, discounts on Apple, Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, Motorola mobiles
- Flipkart Big Billion day offers 2017: Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, more; here are top smartphones up for grabs