11 books that can change your life: Top global influencers are reading them
Last year Facebook asked top global influencers across industries to share the name of books that have helped shaped their perspective on leadership. As many as 62 global influencers including Beth Comstock, Richard Branson, Ariana Huffington, Joi Ito, and Mohamed A. El-Erian, recommended 231 book. Facebook picked the 11 most recommended books. Check next slides to know about the mist recommended books. (Reuters)
Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind by Yuval Noah Harari You may not know that there have been six species of humans on Earth. This book explores how out of the six, Sapiens eventually dominated and shaped the world in which we are living today.
The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee How the gene makes you what you are? Pulitzer winner Mukherjee's book is full of personal examples. A must read to know about you, us.
Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing Low on inspiration? This 1959 classic has inspires people for decades. The gripping tale of a man trying to cross the Antarctic from west to east, may give you the inspiration boost you need today.
Top books read by influential people
Freakonomics by Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt This time-tested hit continues to influence the influencers. Read it, for a "freak" view of the modern world.
The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross Wondering about future? This book tells you how the future industries would look like in the next 10 years.
Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh Happiness is the cure of all woes, even the financial ones. It is a myth that people can't be happy all the time. Yes you can. Read this book for more.
Conscious Business: How to Build Value through Values by Fred Kofman Do you think that doing business is a dirty game? This book may change your perception. It explores why a person doesn't need to shun spirituality to become a successful business man. Happy reading.
Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant Is there an innovator inside you? This book explores how innovators becomes successful by being "non-conformist" and seeing the world differently.
Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by JD Vance Things are changing fast all over the world and many of us do not know how to adjust. This book narrates a story of Ohio, but it can be useful for all in India as well.
Writing my Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison by Shaka Senghor Your one action cannot define the rest of your life. People evolve, their perspective about the world change with time. And everyone needs a second chance. This book about a murder convicts may help change your world view.
More from this section
- Munna Michael box office collection dips to just Rs 2.65 cr on day 5 as Tiger Shroff starrer fades
- Monsoon fury in Gujarat: Rivers at spate, water level at dams above danger mark; see pics
- CBSE makes Aadhaar mandatory for UGC-NET November 2017 examination
- How an airplane maker is leading an arms industry revival in Czech Republic
- New Singapore air terminal automates departures with face recognition – first in Asia to do so; check out images
- Sabarmati River front flood warning: Dharoi Dam releases 50,000 cusecs of water, Ahmedabad Commissioner raises alert
- Indian summer monsoons strengthen over past 15 years, reverses 50-year dry spell; check out images
- India gets 14th President – Ram Nath Kovind; here are big pictures from the ceremony
- Mumbai building collapse in Ghatkopar: 9 dead, 50 feared missing; heart-rending photos emerge