SSC CGL 2016 held on today August 27: Check out first look
SSC CGL 2016 exam held today: Common Graduate Level (CGL) examination of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) first session was held today from 10:00 am to 11:15 am on Saturday. Tens of thousands of candidates had gathered around their respective examination centres well before time and were seen immersed in their study material. (PTI)
While initial reactions indicate that the exam was not as tough as expected, yet everyone was troubled by the slow servers and that proved very frustrating and challenging as well as time-consuming. The exam question paper was sub-divided into 4 - Quantitative Aptitude (Maths), English Language, Reasoning (general intelligence) and General Knowledge (GK). (Express photo)
SSC CGL 2016: The Staff Selection Commission exam 2016 is going to take place tomorrow i.e. August 27, 2016. About eight lakh candidates will appear in SSC CGL 2016 exam this year. The SSC CGL 2016 exam will be in an online mode. Various documents and information items must be kept ready before you proceed for the exam.
SSC CGL 2016: The Maths paper has four parts: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry. The Geometry part is the most important. The areas to focus on are: Analogy and classification, non-verbal reasoning, syllogisms, coding-decoding, blood relations, direction test and series. In the non-verbal module, you will be asked questions related to mirror image and water image, paper cutting, punching and folding, figural series completion and embedded figures.
SSC CGL 2016: Candidates need to focus on one-word substitution, idioms and phrases, synonyms and antonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence errors, reading comprehension, sentence rearrangement and jumbled-up sentences in English section. One msut brush up on grammar for sentence-error correcting questions.
SSC CGL 2016: Make sure you have revised previous years’ paper for GK part. Current affairs do not carry that much weight-age so if you have not studied them, leave them alone. Candidates should get to know the ‘practise test’ specially prepared for the computer exam. The test is available on the website of the Commission as well as the regional office websites. This will help you prepare for the computer exam better.
JAC class 12 (Arts) result 2016 for arts stream students is expected to be made public through a brief declaration ceremony at Ranchi office. (PTI)
IIT JEE Advanced 2016 result: About 1,98,000 students appeared for the IIT JEE Advanced 2016. After the release of IIT JEE Advanced 2016 result, the All India Ranks of successful candidates will be released on the website, although the candidates will not receive personalized rank cards. (PTI)
Under the CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) system regular candidates appeared in both Board- and School-based evaluation system. The pass percentage of School-based evaluation system was better than that of Board-based. A total of 6,69,721 students were registered under Board-based system out of which 6,40,255 candidates qualified the Class X examination this year, with a pass percentage of 95.60. (Express Photo)
A total of 3,17,507 students appeared for the HBSE 10th exams 2016. Only 48.88 per cent among them have passed. Girls have once again outshined boys.
More from this section
- World’s first flying taxi takes test flight in Dubai; see pictures
- World’s iconic structures come alive in Durga Puja pandal themes; check out stunning images
- Sachin Tendulkar, Aaditya Thackeray boost Swachhata Hi Seva campaign in Mumbai, PM Narendra Modi hails effort
- Bhoomi collection: How well has this Sanjay Dutt film done at the box office? Result will disappoint you
- Newton collection Day 4: India’s Oscar entry scripts success at Box Office, earns Rs 8.21 crore after horror start
- Jio Phone unboxing in pics: Check out what’s inside the Reliance 4G VoLTE feature handset
- Mahamana Express to finally get swankier AC-3 tier coaches! Here’s an exclusive sneak peek
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list