Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list
Acharya Balkrishna, the head of Baba Ramdev linked FMCG company Patanjali Ayurved and Radhakishan Damani of D-Mart have been included along with Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani in the Hurun India rich list 2017. As per PTI, Ambani has retained the title of India's richest man for the sixth year in a row. He has climbed into top 15 in the Hurun global rich list for the first time this year.
However, what will be the most interesting aspect of the Hurun rich list is the fact that Acharya Balkrishna is on the list. "Balkrishna, CEO of Patanjali and childhood friend of Ramdev, is now among the top 10 rich people in the country. Balkrishna rose to eighth position this year compared to 25th last year, after his wealth went up by 173 percent to Rs 70,000 crore. With the turnover of Rs 10,561 crore in FY17, Patanjali has been a close competition to major global brands, the agency said.
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani continues to be India's richest. The list also included Divyank Turakhia of Media.net at 34, an youngest self-made billionaire. He also joined five other self-made individuals under the age of 40, all from new technology businesses.
Divyank Turakhia of Media.net at 34, is the youngest self-made billionaire. He also joined five other self-made individuals under the age of 40, all from new technology businesses.
he cut-off to top 100 has also increased to Rs 8,400 crore since 2013. According to the agency, there are 136 billionaires this year. Talking about cities, Mumbai has topped the list with 182 individuals. It is followed by New Delhi (117) and Bengaluru (51). Chennai and Kanpur have enter the top 10 cities for the first time with 15 and 8 new additions, PTIadded.
More from this section
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!