Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
In his two-day visit to Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, PM Narendra Modi flagged off, the Mahamana Express train to connect Varanasi with Vadodara and Surat in Gujarat, his home state. PM Modi said development was the solution to all the problems in the country and accused the previous governments of destroying the public exchequer in their bid to win elections. In evening, the prime minister went to the Durga Mata Temple and Tulsi Manas Mandir, one of Kashi’s historical temples. Modi was also accompanied by UP CM Yogi Adityanath. (Twitter/ Narendra Modi)
PM Modi, who is on his first visit to Varanasi after the BJP's landslide victory in the Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh in March this year, also launched several development projects worth over Rs 1,000 crore in his Lok Sabha constituency. (Twitter/ Narendra Modi)
Modi inaugurated banking services of the Utkarsh Bank and unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of the headquarters building of the bank which specializes in micro-finance.(Twitter/ Narendra Modi).
PM Modi inaugurated the Deendayal Hastkala Sankul - a trade facilitation centre for handicrafts and crafts museum - constructed at a cost of Rs 300 crore.Targeting the previous governments, Modi alleged they were driven by political calculations, resulting in schemes being inaugurated but never seeing completion. (Twitter/ Narendra Modi)
"India is progressing very fast, now we will strive to ensure development of eastern Uttar Pradesh and the eastern region," Modi said. Referring to development projects for weavers, who constitute a major chunk of the population in the city, Modi said his government wants their works to be showcased globally so as to enhance their economic prospects.(Twitter/ Narendra Modi).
PM Modi tweeted: "From the Darshan at the Durga Mata Temple and visit to Durga Kund." Earlier, he also visited Tulsi Manas Mandir, one of Kashi’s historical temples.(Twitter/ Narendra Modi).
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom