Anubhuti coaches: These luxury AC chair cars have aircraft-like features and are coming to Shatabdi trains soon!
Anubhuti luxury coaches are here! Get ready to travel in aircraft-like luxury chair car coaches in Shatabdi Express trains! Financial Express Online had first reported in March 2017 about Indian Railways plan to 'Make in India' these coaches. The all new Anubhuti luxury coach has a host of new aircraft-like features such as LCD infotainment TV screens, attendant call buttons, reading lights and seats with foot rest! One Anubhuti coach is ready and has been allotted to the Western Railway, though its route and fare have not yet been decided. FE Online offers an exclusive preview of the future of luxury rail travel in India...click through:
As is evident from the images, the Anubhuti coaches are very similar to the ones in the Executive-class of Tejas Express in terms of the features. The comfortable chairs come with a reclining facility and a foot rest as well!
The LHB-type AC-First class chair car has a seating capacity of 56 passengers. It has been manufactured at an approximate cost of Rs 3 crore by ICF, Chennai, sources told FE Online. A total of 10 coaches will be manufactured by the coach factory in the current year.
Each seat has an LCD infotainment touchscreen which allows the passenger to choose between movies and music. The screen also serves as a platform for information and feedback.
A GPS-based passenger information system on the LCD screen will display details of the next destination. The speed of the train will flash in the lower part of the screen. Just like in airplanes, a screen override will be enabled at the time when passenger announcements are being made. Headphones will be provided with each seat.
The Anubhuti coach boasts of LED lighting and attendant calling facility with each seat - yet another feature similar to aircraft. The call button will be provided below the luggage rack adjacent to the reading lights.
In line with Indian Railways vision to keep tracks defecation-free, the Anubhuti coach has a modular bio-toilet. The toilet has touch-free taps and an improved interior finish. There are also toilet occupancy indicators at the end of each coach.
The middle facing seats also boast of LCD screens at the centre table, which can 'pop-up' with the help of a simple 'push' action.
Sources told FE Online, that the state-of-the-art coach can operate at a maximum speed of 130 kmph. The coach will have automatic compartment sliding doors at both ends.
For the convenience of the passengers, USB charging sockets will be provided. These will be kept between the seats.
The colour scheme of the exterior has been kept in line with that of Shatabdi Express trains - blue and grey. However, like all new coaches and trains of Indian Railways - this one too has anti-graffiti coating to help keep it clean.
More from this section
- India vs Australia 2017 Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes
- Delhi drenched in rain, overnight showers to keep weekend pleasant; check out images
- 10 Bollywood movies you didn’t know were selected for Oscars from India
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM lays foundation for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; see pictures
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride on the train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets
- 5 Indian players who have taken hat-trick in international cricket