Lalu Yadav Rally: Akhilesh Yadav, Mamata Banerjee, Sharad Yadav to Rahul Gandhi, who said what
In a powerful show of opposition unity Narendra Modi-led NDA Government, a number of political heavyweights including West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and SP president Akhilesh Yadav shared a platform at Lalu Prasad's mega rally. As seen in the pictures, a huge crowd emerged for the rally named ''BJP bhagao desh bachao' rally. RJD chief Lalu Prasad said that the rally would herald the decline of the BJP-led NDA in the 2019 Lok Sabha election.
Akhilesh Yadav: Samajwadi Party President questioned PM Narendra Modi and asked him where is 'acche din'. Akhilesh said Modi's acche din slogan has now turned into New India.
Sharad Yadav: Senior Janata Dal United leader Sharad Yadav said pan-India Grand Alliance will be formed which will take on the BJP-led NDA in next general elections. Speaking at Lalu Yadav-hosted 'BJP Bhagao, Desh Bachao rally', Yadav said that it is the same stage where 'maha gathbandhan' (JDU-Congress-RJD alliance) was made. "I say here today a gathbandhan will be made in entire India," Sharad Yadav said.
Rahul Gandhi: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi addressed the crowd through a written letter that read out by a participant. He accused PM the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of favouring only a “few people” and formulating anti-poor policies.“The future of the women and youth are at stake. They (BJP) are even covering up for all the corrupt practices they are in to,” Gandhi said in the letter. Sonia Gandhi: The Congress president said that Modi is trying to silence the voice of opposition, which they will not let happen. Highlighting the government's failures, Sonia said that BJP came to power in various states on false promises. "Youth are jobless, children are dying. BJP came to power on false promises," Sonia said.
Mamata Banerjee: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led Government at the Centre of trying to “scare” Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav by using the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). “The Centre is using agencies to terrorise people, who dare to speak against it. But I am not afraid of anyone,” the Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief said. (PTI)
Huge crowds emerged for the rally. (PTI)
Tej Pratap Yadav: Training his guns at Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap Yadav, speaking in classic Lalu Yadav tone and voice modulation, on Sunday said that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat "wears half pants because he has half mind".
More from this section
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme