7th Pay Commission allowances for soldiers in Siachen, Naxal areas more than doubles; top 5 points to note
7th Pay Commission allowances: Central government has increased the allowances for armymen in Siachen and has hiked the same for security forces deployed for counter insurgency operations in Naxal-hit areas. As per PTI report, according to a notification by the government in the Gazette said that the increased payments are among the higher allowances made. The notification came a few days after the Cabinet approved with minor modifications the recommendations on allowances made by the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC). The raised allowances are part of the bid to make up for the hardships and risks the paramilitary forces and security face to protect the country from external and internal threats. Here are top 5 points to note:
7th Pay Commission allowances: The allowance for soldiers deployed in Siachen, worlds highest battlefield has been increased to Rs. 30,000 from Rs 14,000 per month. For officers the same has gone up from Rs 21,000 to 42,500 a month. The High Altitude Allowance has been raised to rs 27,00- 25, 000 from Rs 810- 16,800.
7th Pay Commission allowances: An official in a statement said, the allowance for Counter Insurgency Operations (CI Ops) has been raised from Rs 3,000- 11,700 per month to Rs 6,000- 16,900 as per PTI.
7th Pay Commission allowances: The Command Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) allowance paid to CRPF personnel deployed in Naxal-hit areas has gone up to Rs 17,300- 25,000, from Rs 8,400-16,800 per month. While the CPC had recommended abolition of the Ration Money Allowance (RMA) and free ration to defence officers in peace areas, the government has not accepted it and RMA will be credited in bank accounts, the statement said. The government has also decided against merging of the Rs 4,500 a month Technical Allowance (tier-II) for security personal and is still under review.
7th Pay Commission allowances: The allowance for MARCOS and the Chariot Allowance paid to marine commandos has been increased to Rs 17,300- 25,000 per month from Rs 10, 500- 15,750. Also, the conditionality of 12 hours has been reduced to four hours for the Sea Going Allowance and rates increased to Rs 6,000–10,500, from Rs 3,000-7,800 per month.
7th Pay Commission allowances: Modified Field, Field and Highly Active Field Area Allowances have seen an increase to Rs 6,000-16,900 per month from Rs 1,200-12,600 while the Flying Allowance has been raised to Rs 17,300-25,000, from Rs 10,500-15,750 per month, and extended to BSF Air Wing too, according to PTI. The Territorial Army Allowance has gone up to Rs 1,000-2,000, from Rs 175-450 per month, while additional free railway warrant (Leave Travel Concession) has been extended to Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Other allowances that have seen similar jump include aeronautical allowance which has now been extended to the Indian Coast Guard, Higher Qualification Incentive for Defence Personnel, Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer Allowance, Ceilings of Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Defence Personnel, Detachment Allowance and Para Jump Instructor Allowance. "Housing provisions for PBORs (Personnel below Officer Rate) of Army and their families residing at other stations significantly improved and linked to HRA, process simplified," the statement added. (AP)
More from this section
- Amazing coincidence! 5 places around the world with names identical to Indian cities
- MiG-35 can beat USA’s F-35, says Russia: Know about the 4++ generation fighter jet that India may be interested in
- IBPS RRB 2017 application process for Officer scale I, II, III and Multipurpose posts starts, apply now
- Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 2: From Arya Stark meeting Nymeria to Lord Varys justifying his loyalties to Mother of Dragons, here are 5 top moments
- India vs England Final: Heartbreak for India as England win by nine runs
- President Pranab Mukherjee farewell ceremony in Parliament, check out the top moments
- PM Modi extends special message to Indian Women Cricket Team, wishes each player separately; check out Tweets with pictures
- In desi avatar, Justin Trudeau attends BAPS mandir 10th anniversary celebrations; check out images here
- India vs England Women World Cup final: IN PICS, Harmanpreet Kaur to Deepti Sharma; 5 players to watch out for