IIP, retail inflation, Maruti Suzuki milestone, BSE Sensex, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, more
Industrial production grew at a five-month low of 2.1 per cent in March even as both manufacturing activity and capital goods' offtake improved during the month.
Retail inflation eased to four-month low of 4.87 per cent in April.
Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has crossed a major milestone of 1.5 crore units of cumulative production in over three decades since it started selling cars in the country.
The benchmark BSE Sensex plunged by 630 points today to below 27,000-level on across-the-board selling over concerns that key reform bills may get delayed, while weakness in global bond markets also hit sentiment. The 30-share BSE index opened in the negative zone after rallying for the last two days. A major sell-off in blue-chips dragged the index below the psychological 27,000-mark to touch a low of 26,837.39.
The 50-issue Nifty slipped below the 8,200-level by falling 198.30 points or 2.38 per cent to close at 8,126.95. Intra-day, it moved between 8,326.65 and 8,115.30.
Snapping its two-day rising streak, the rupee today tumbled by 32 paise to close at 64.17 on fresh dollar demand from importers and some banks ahead of the inflation data and the IIP data.
State-owned Central Bank of India has registered a rise of 7.3 per cent in its net profit to Rs 174.29 crore for the quarter ended March 31. The bank had posted a net profit of Rs 162.44 crore in the corresponding period last year.
Union Bank of India today posted 23.34 per cent decline in its net profit at Rs 443.77 crore for the fourth quarter ended on March 31, mainly on higher provisioning of bad loans.
Dr Reddy's Laboratories today reported a 7.73 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit to Rs 518.84 crore for the quarter ended March 31 on account of robust sales.
More from this section
- Sachin Tendulkar, Aaditya Thackeray boost Swachhata Hi Seva campaign in Mumbai, PM Narendra Modi hails effort
- Bhoomi collection: How well has this Sanjay Dutt film done at the box office? Result will disappoint you
- Newton collection Day 4: India’s Oscar entry scripts success at Box Office, earns Rs 8.21 crore after horror start
- Jio Phone unboxing in pics: Check out what’s inside the Reliance 4G VoLTE feature handset
- Mahamana Express to finally get swankier AC-3 tier coaches! Here’s an exclusive sneak peek
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images