Xiaomi Mi4i exclusively launched in India, Asus ZenFone 2, Shah Rukh Khan, AngelPrime, Jet Airways, more
Smartphone maker Xiaomi has launched Mi 4i exclusively in India. Xiaomi Mi4i features a 5-inch 1080p Full HD fully laminated OGS sunlight display with a pixel density of PPI. Mi 4i ships with MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Xiaomi Mi 4i will be available from April 30 in India, before any other market. Though the device will not be launched in mainland China, it will be sold in markets like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia later in May. "This is a flagship product that has drawn a lot of inspiration from India. A lot of tweaking has been done keeping in mind the Indian consumers and is made for India," Xiaomi Vice President Hugo Barra said here. He added that the device speaks of Xiaomi's focus on the Indian market and consumers. "We were thinking of India from the very beginning when the product was being designed," he said.
Xiaomi Mi 4i features a 5-inch 1080p Full HD fully laminated OGS sunlight display with a pixel density of PPI. Mi 4i ships with MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Asus unveils ZenFone 2 in India priced at Rs 12,999: Taiwanese tech major Asus on Thursday unveiled its flagship device ZenFone 2 in India with four variants starting at a price Rs 12,999.
Read full story: Asus Zenfone 2 series launched in India, price starts at Rs 12,999
Asus Zenfone 2 comes with a 5.5-inch screen, 13 megapixel rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
ASUS ZenFone 2 comes with the Android 5.0 Lollipop, 64-bit mobile operating system and ASUS ZenUI 2.0 to deliver the ultimate user experience.
Asus Zenfone 2 sports a dual-SIM slot, a 3000mAh battery and BoostMaster technology that enables 2 times faster charging, letting users charge ZenFone 2 from from 0 per cent to 60 per cent in just 39 minutes.
Don't abuse women, says Shahrukh Khan:
Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has requested his Twitter followers to be respectful towards women, mothers, sisters and daughters. "A home is made of all different sorts in our family. So discuss with each other, contradict each other, even fight with each other. But do not abuse women, mother, sisters and daughters just because they're not your home," Shahrukh Khan said in a video post. Shah Rukh also dropped his shirt as a treat for fans. "Yes, I am wearing glares but not wearing a shirt," he joked in the end. SRK, who joined the micro-blogging site in 2010, has surpassed Salman Khan and Aamir Khan and is second only to megastar Amitabh Bachchan as far as the numbers of Twitter followers of Bollywood celebrities are concerned. (16/05/2015) (AP)
Jet Airways starts more domestic services to cash in on summer rush: Jet Airways announced 31 additional flights in the domestic network to meet the holiday rush beginning next month. The leading private carrier has already introduced 23 inbound and outbound flights from New Delhi to seven cities, including Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru. Some of these services include late night departures as well. The airline has also increased frequencies (totalling eight) to Pune, Goa and Imphal from New Delhi to cater to the growing demand for business and tourist travel. (Reuters)
AngelPrime invests $500,000 in Happay: Seed-stage fund AngelPrime has invested USD 500,000 in Bangalore-based start up Happay. Happay will use the funding on product development, sales and marketing as well as on hiring new talent to facilitate faster growth, Happay said in a statement. Founded in 2012, Happay is a payments solution, which makes expense management cashless, paperless and mobile.
More from this section
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes