Indian Railways goes stylish! Trains now getting these aircraft-like premium toilets; see pictures
Stinky old toilets on Indian Railways' trains may soon be a problem of the past! Don't believe us? Suresh Prabhu-led Indian Railways is focusing on revamping toilets on trains and the prototypes of the new toilets for both AC and non-AC coaches are ready! According to a report in the Indian Express, Railways claims that the new toilets are similar to those in premium-class airlines. Toilets of two coaches of the Uttar Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express have been modified to create prototypes of these modular toilets and also get passenger feedback.
We take a look at the new modern toilets to understand what Indian Railways is planning to do to make your travel experience better:
The western-style toilets for the AC coach have a white theme and for the comfort of the passengers boast of soft LED illumination.
On the other hand, the toilet for non-AC coaches has been given a blue theme. Railways has sought to maintain a 'posh' look for the non-AC coach toilets as well.
The ergonomic toilets have modern toiletries and are reportedly made of imported Korean material.
The toilet seat has been attached to stainless steel, anti-theft fittings.
The steel sink, which is typical to Indian Railways toilets, has been done away with. Instead, a modular wash basin has been installed.
The flooring has been specially coated to check soiling.
To give the toilet a clean feel the plumbing has also been concealed.
Automatic fragrance dispenser and soap dispensers have been fitted in the new toilets. The report states that it would cost Indian Railways approximately Rs 3.5 lakh per toilet to upgrade.
The door-locks have also been given an aeroplane-like feel. As per Indian Railways vision to make tracks defecation free, zero-discharge bio-toilets have been used.
More from this section
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes
- Delhi drenched in rain, overnight showers to keep weekend pleasant; check out images
- 10 Bollywood movies you didn’t know were selected for Oscars from India
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM lays foundation for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; see pictures
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride on the train, interacts with passengers