Indian Railways goes stylish! Trains now getting these aircraft-like premium toilets; see pictures
Stinky old toilets on Indian Railways' trains may soon be a problem of the past! Don't believe us? Suresh Prabhu-led Indian Railways is focusing on revamping toilets on trains and the prototypes of the new toilets for both AC and non-AC coaches are ready! According to a report in the Indian Express, Railways claims that the new toilets are similar to those in premium-class airlines. Toilets of two coaches of the Uttar Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express have been modified to create prototypes of these modular toilets and also get passenger feedback.
We take a look at the new modern toilets to understand what Indian Railways is planning to do to make your travel experience better:
The western-style toilets for the AC coach have a white theme and for the comfort of the passengers boast of soft LED illumination.
On the other hand, the toilet for non-AC coaches has been given a blue theme. Railways has sought to maintain a 'posh' look for the non-AC coach toilets as well.
The ergonomic toilets have modern toiletries and are reportedly made of imported Korean material.
The toilet seat has been attached to stainless steel, anti-theft fittings.
The steel sink, which is typical to Indian Railways toilets, has been done away with. Instead, a modular wash basin has been installed.
The flooring has been specially coated to check soiling.
To give the toilet a clean feel the plumbing has also been concealed.
Automatic fragrance dispenser and soap dispensers have been fitted in the new toilets. The report states that it would cost Indian Railways approximately Rs 3.5 lakh per toilet to upgrade.
The door-locks have also been given an aeroplane-like feel. As per Indian Railways vision to make tracks defecation free, zero-discharge bio-toilets have been used.
More from this section
- Puri Haridwar Kalinga Utkal Express derails near Muzaffarnagar, disturbing images emerge
- World Photography Day 2017: Here are five ways to celebrate on Facebook; see pics
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2017: Check out these stunning images of Ganpati idol in making
- 5 reasons why India should not take Sri Lanka lightly despite a whitewash in Test series
- Flood fury in Assam puts wildlife of Kaziranga National Park in peril; see pics
- Japan successfully launches 3rd Michibiki satellite for better GPS system; check out spectacular images
- US-South Korea gears up for war games; take a look on how North Korea might respond
- New Rs 50 note to make entry soon; here is how Rs 50 note changed its look over the years
- 10 years later this is what team Chak De India! is up to now