Here’s all you need to know about what is new at Rajghat:
1) About 104 aesthetically designed poles with energy efficient LED lights have been installed. It is expected to save 60,000 KWH annually at Rajghat.
2) A small slab, bearing words of the Mahatma, has been installed at the foot of each lamp, so as to ‘guide the visitors’.
3) Rajghat solar energy project that will generate “52 KW of energy” at the memorial has been inaugurated.
4) A CCTV central control room with 27 cameras for enhanced security and better monitoring of visitors was also opened.
5) A biographical description of Gandhi, both in Hindi and English and a bilingual profile of Rajghat have also been put up at the main entrance. (PTI)