Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017: Check out spectacular photos of Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
The 'Mahatma Mandir' in Gandhinagar witnessed the 8th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The 'temple' is a convention centre and a memorial which is inspired from life and philosophy of Father of the Nation--Mahatma Gandhi. Covering an area over 34 acres, it is one of the biggest convention centres in India. Earlier, business meets like Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2011, 2013 and 2015 were also organised here. (Facebook)
The memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi was constructed by Shapoorji Pallonji And Company Limited. It has a suspension bridge built in memory of the Dandi March. A concrete dome structure is constructed representing salt mound houses a museum, library and research center. (Facebook)
A sculpture garden with stone murals depicting the life of Mahatma Gandhi has also been developed. The memorial also has a grand spinning wheel (charkha), again inspired from and reflects the life and philosophy of the Mahatma Gandhi. (Facebook)
Ahead of the official inauguration of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held delegation-level talks with various international leaders at Mahatma Mandir on Tuesday starting with the President of Rwanda, Paul Kagame. Nobel Dialogue 2017 held at Mahatma Mandir as part of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit wherein Nobel laureate David Gross participated along with eight others laureate. (Facebook)
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists