Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge launched in India
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge smartphones were unveiled in India today and will be available in the country from April 10.
Rs. 49,900 (32 GB) Rs. 55,900 (64GB)
Rs. 61,900 (128GB)
Galaxy S6 Edge
Rs. 58,900 (32 GB) Rs. 64,900 (64 GB)
Rs. 70,900 (128 GB)
Both the devices comes with a 16MP OIS rear camera and a 5MP front camera. Camera features include: Quick Launch, Tracking AF, Auto Real-time HDR(Front & Rear) , F1.9, Low Light Video(Front & Rear), High Clear Zoom, IR Detect White Balance, Virtual Shot, Slow Motion, Fast Motion, Pro Mode, Selective Focus.
Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge sports a similar spec sheet apart from the Dual Edge, battery and a slight difference in dimensions.
The new Galaxy devices run on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS along with quad 2.1GHz + quad 1.5Ghz, octa-core application processor. The devices sport a 5.1-inch Quad HD(2560×1440)Super AMOLED display at 577ppi.
A row of Galaxy S6 edge smartphones are seen on display after the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event before the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona March 1, 2015. (Reuters)
The S6 Edge model has curved sides, similar to last fall’s Note Edge phone. The S6 Edge improves on the Note by having the display curve over both the left and right sides. The Note Edge’s side display was on the right only, making some features awkward for lefties. (AP)
You can no longer replace the battery with a spare, but there’s fast-charging technology to get you from zero to 50 percent in a half-hour in S6 phones. (AP)
Samsung ramped up its camera technology in last fall’s Galaxy Note 4, and the camera is even better in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge announced Sunday. (Reuters)
Samsung's President and Chief Executive JK Shin presents the Galaxy S6 smartphone at the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event before the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona March 1, 2015. Samsung unveiled its latest Galaxy S smartphones featuring a slim body made from aircraft-grade metal, in a bid to reclaim its throne as undisputed global smartphone leader from Apple. (Reuters)
The samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are equipped with a fast front and rear camera. The F1.9 lenses and high resolution sensors on both front (5MP) and rear (16MP) cameras provide the superior image quality in the smartphone. (Reuters)
The S6 phones have improved fingerprint sensors. Before, you had to swipe down on the home button; the phone wouldn’t unlock if you didn’t swipe correctly. Now, you simply touch the home button, just as you do on iPhones. The fingerprint ID will authorize mobile payments too. (Reuters)
The S6 phones also sport better focus, borrowing technology from Samsung’s stand-alone NX1 camera. (Reuters)
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom