Punjab farmers can produce gold from soil, if they get enough water: PM Narendra Modi
It's been a day, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi WAS busy giving speeches on several topics, although it is not new. While in the morning he took a dig at the Opposition for their protest against the implementation of demonetisation scheme, in the afternoon, he was in Anandpur Sahib in Punjab. While speaking in the Parliament House Annexe on occasion of Constitution Day earlier in the fday, he said that the government is being criticised for not being fully ready for the implementation of the step, while the fact remains it didn't give time for black money holders in the country to prepare. He also said that common man in the country have become soldier in the fight against black money. Later at the Anandpur Sahib in Punjab the prime minister invoked Guru Govind Singh and asked the people to follow his message of peace. Here are the top 5 of his speeches in both the places. Here are top 5 of his speeches today in both places. (ANI)
"Guru Gobind ji Maharaj fought cruelty with bravery, gave message of unity to people. We have to inspire present generations to follow same." (ANI)
"each drop of water" that flows out of Sutlej, Beas and Ravi reaches Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir. He added, (PTI)
"Indus Water Treaty- Sutlej, Beas, Ravi - the waters in these rivers belong to India and our farmers. It is not being used in the fields of Pakistan but flowing into the sea through Pakistan. Now every drop of this water will be stopped and I will give that to farmers of Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir and Indian farmers.I am committed to this," he said addressing a rally here. (PTI)
PM Modi also said, "There is no reason that we cannot use our rights (over our waters) and let our farmers suffer," he said, adding, "I need your blessings in order to fulfill your requirements for watering your fields."
PM Modi concluded by saying, "If Punjab farmers get sufficient amount of water, they could produce 'gold' from the soil and could fill the coffers of the country," he said. (PTI)
More from this section
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction