Today is last day for exchanging old Rs 500, Rs 1000 rupee notes: What you must know
The woman has been visiting the RBI from last three days to exchange Rs 5,000 in old notes. (PTI)
Following the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes on November 8, the government had granted permission to use the old notes at public utilities such as government hospitals, petrol pumps, railway ticketing centres. Nonetheless, this was further extended by another 72 hours with the government adding to the list of currency acceptance centres to feasably workout the exchange process, especially in bigger cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, etc. (Reuters)
The added currency exchange centres were metro rail tickets, highway toll gates, pharmacies, airline tickets at airports, consumer cooperative stores, LPG gas cylinders, power and water bills, milk booths, crematoria/burial grounds, entry tickets for ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) monuments, where the old notes will be accepted. (PTI)
Meanwhile, the public standing in long queues outside banks and ATMs, either to exchange notes, deposit or withdraw cash, has become a regular phenomenon albeit the lines are getting shorter. For those who still have these banned notes, then they should not really worry as they can still exchange the old notes at banks till December 30, 2016. (PTI)
More from this section
- BMC elections 2017: Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan: See which Bollywood celebs voted
- IPL Auction 2017: From Ben Stokes at Rs 14.5 cr to Pat Cummins at Rs 4.5 Cr, cricketers who bagged the top 5 deals
- Farida Jalal death hoax: Here’s why the actress caused a Twitter frenzy
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival
- Grammys 2017: Five photos of Adele, Beyonce and Lady Gaga to blow your mind