In Pics: IAF Jets mark stylish inauguration of Agra-Lucknow Expressway
India's longest, Agra-Lucknow Expressway was inaugurated on Monday, and much to people's surprise, the inauguration ceremony saw participation of IAF (Indian Air Force) jets on India’s longest greenfield expressway.
Three Mirage 2000s and three Sukhois of the IAF made a terrific and spectacular landing on a select stretch of the Agra-Lucknow expressway, made specially for landing of aircrafts.
This was the first time that IAF aircrafts had particitpated in the inauguration of a highway in India.
According to the UPEIDA, the development authority behind the expressway, a 2-km stretch on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway has been built to facilitate landing and take-off of fighter jets in “war-like situations”.
The exercise is aimed at testing the quality of build of the expressway, and would also go in line with Defence Ministry’s plan to use highways and expressways as possible landing and take-off strips.
The Expressway has been designed to speed of up to 120 kms per hour. It will have automatic traffic management systems aimed at reducing road accidents and helping even at the time of fog. The six-lane expressway is expandable to 8-lanes.
The expressway was Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav’s dream project and his major pitch to showcase his government’s focus on development.
UP government claims that 302-km expressway will help cut down the time between Agra and Lucknow to just 3.5 hours, from the current 7 hours.
Moreover, the expressway is expected the reduce the road travel time between Delhi and Lucknow to anywhere between 5 to 6 hours!
Reports suggest that the bridges and underpasses have been made 8-lane to avoid traffic congestion and bottlenecks once the expressway is expanded to 8-lane.
More from this section
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion to smash all records, earn massive Rs 50 crore on day 1
- Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office as US President
- JEE Mains Result 2017 topper Kalpit Veerval secures unheard of 360/360 score; says ‘I was confident of cracking the exam’
- North Korea conducts biggest ever artillery exercise to mark the 85th anniversary of its military’s creation
- JEE Mains result 2017 declared by CBSE at jeemain.nic.in; check official website for Joint Entrance Examination Score and Rank
- China flexes its military muscle with first indigenous aircraft carrier; know all about it
- Odisha 10th result 2017: HSE results declared, visit bseodisha.nic.in for latest Higher Secondary Certificates and Madhyama exam updates
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list