In Pics: IAF Jets mark stylish inauguration of Agra-Lucknow Expressway
India's longest, Agra-Lucknow Expressway was inaugurated on Monday, and much to people's surprise, the inauguration ceremony saw participation of IAF (Indian Air Force) jets on India’s longest greenfield expressway.
Three Mirage 2000s and three Sukhois of the IAF made a terrific and spectacular landing on a select stretch of the Agra-Lucknow expressway, made specially for landing of aircrafts.
This was the first time that IAF aircrafts had particitpated in the inauguration of a highway in India.
According to the UPEIDA, the development authority behind the expressway, a 2-km stretch on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway has been built to facilitate landing and take-off of fighter jets in “war-like situations”.
The exercise is aimed at testing the quality of build of the expressway, and would also go in line with Defence Ministry’s plan to use highways and expressways as possible landing and take-off strips.
The Expressway has been designed to speed of up to 120 kms per hour. It will have automatic traffic management systems aimed at reducing road accidents and helping even at the time of fog. The six-lane expressway is expandable to 8-lanes.
The expressway was Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav’s dream project and his major pitch to showcase his government’s focus on development.
UP government claims that 302-km expressway will help cut down the time between Agra and Lucknow to just 3.5 hours, from the current 7 hours.
Moreover, the expressway is expected the reduce the road travel time between Delhi and Lucknow to anywhere between 5 to 6 hours!
Reports suggest that the bridges and underpasses have been made 8-lane to avoid traffic congestion and bottlenecks once the expressway is expanded to 8-lane.
More from this section
- Happy birthday, Sushant Singh Rajput: 10 reasons why we love the MS Dhoni actor
- India vs England: Virat Kohli leads team to massive win after Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni special
- UPSC NDA NA Exam (I) 2017: Application open, apply latest by February 10
- Jallikattu ban: From Dhanush, Suriya to Vishal, Kollywood wants Tamil culture to stay intact
- Hot! Deepika Padukone and Vin Diesel on fire in the Late Late Show with James Corden
- Jallikattu protests: Crowds gather to protest Supreme Court ban across Tamil Nadu
- IBPS Exam Calendar 2017-18: All you need to know
- ICAI CA Final and CPT Result 2016 declared: Here are the steps to check results
- Shahrukh Khan fans’ anticipation grows as ‘8 days to Raees’ trends