US Elections 2016: The big Trump triumph
America chose the Republican nominee Donald Trump as its 45th President against the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton. The US elections this year around saw many ups and downs as both the candidates posed several accusations on each other. (Reuters)
While Hillary Clinton was accused of being irresponsible for using personal ID for exchanging confidential data and risking the lives of several people, Donald Trump was accussed of being a sexist, a racist and of being 'unfit' for the post of President of America. (AP)
Barack Obama, the first African American president of America had also supported Hillary Clinton but it seems that the American people were up for a change and hence chose Republican party over Democratic party. (AP)
After winning the elections, Donald Trump addressed America and thanked them for trusting him to be the President of the United States. In his speech, he asked the people to come together and to build a strong economy, as strong as it had never seen before. (Reuters)
In his speech, he asked the people to come together and to build a strong economy, as strong as it had never seen before. (Reuters)
President-elect Donald Trump shakes hands with Vice President-elect Mike Pence as he gives his acceptance speech during his election night rally. (AP)
President-elect Donald Trump kisses his wife Melania Trump after giving his acceptance speech during his election night rally (AP)
Trump, in his speech acknowledged the efforts of his campaigners and regarded his campaign as a “great movement”. In his speech he also told people that Hillary Clinton had called him and had congratulated him for the victory. He asked the independent nominees and the supporters of both the parties to unite and work together and said, “We have tremendous potential and we will achieve everything” Talking about the historic election result, Trump said “People call it a historic event, but we still have to prove it by doing a historic job.” He also said that they have great plans for a bright future of the nation and that together they can improve the economy doublefold.(AP)
Talking about America's relations with other countires, he said “We have a great plan, we will double our economy and will strengthen our relations with every country who is willing to be our friend,” Before signing off, he thanked his family and especially mentioned his sister from whom, he said he has “learnt a lot”. After the speech, he met his supporters who greeted him with much enthusiasm. (AP)
President-elect Donald Trump bends down to kiss his granddaughter Arabella Kushner during an election night rally. (AP/PTI)
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists