Akhilesh Yadav’s ‘Rath Yatra’ for Samajwadi Party: Check out UP CM’s swanky Mercedes-rath – know its features
Akhilesh Yadav's grand 'Rath Yatra' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls 2016 has begun, and how! In a stylish 10-wheel Mercedes bus, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has started his 'Vikas Sey Vijay Tak’ rath yatra. The 'rath' is said to be equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities. The bus is said to be one of the most hi-tech campaign vehicles ever used in India. On the first day, the ‘yatra’ will cover Kanpur, Lucknow and Unnao.
Check out Akhilesh Yadav's swanky Mercedes-rath and know about its special features: (PTI Photo)
The 'Vijay Rath' is actually an upgraded version of four-wheel buses. The cost of the rath is not known, though it is estimated to be anywhere between Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. (PTI Photo)
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, this is the first time that Akhilesh Yadav will use a new 'rath' for campaigning. The vehicle he used in 2012 was a 'Kranti Rath' he inherited from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The Mercedes bus is obviously bullet-proof. It also has a hydraulic lift that will allow Akhilesh Yadav to address public from the roof of the bus.
It comes equipped with a high fidelity sound system and LED screens to project the government's 'Kaam Bolta Hai' series of videos, reports suggest. (PTI Photo)
The bus also has a restroom, pantry, plush toilet, mechanised and hydraulic reclining chairs, WiFi and WiFi-connected TV, a good AC and air purifiers.
More from this section
- India vs England: Virat Kohli leads team to massive win after Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni special
- UPSC NDA NA Exam (I) 2017: Application open, apply latest by February 10
- Jallikattu ban: From Dhanush, Suriya to Vishal, Kollywood wants Tamil culture to stay intact
- Hot! Deepika Padukone and Vin Diesel on fire in the Late Late Show with James Corden
- Jallikattu protests: Crowds gather to protest Supreme Court ban across Tamil Nadu
- IBPS Exam Calendar 2017-18: All you need to know
- ICAI CA Final and CPT Result 2016 declared: Here are the steps to check results
- Shahrukh Khan fans’ anticipation grows as ‘8 days to Raees’ trends
- Gandhinagar Railway station all set to get a hotel and a swanky makeover! Here’s what it will look like