Akhilesh Yadav’s ‘Rath Yatra’ for Samajwadi Party: Check out UP CM’s swanky Mercedes-rath – know its features
Akhilesh Yadav's grand 'Rath Yatra' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls 2016 has begun, and how! In a stylish 10-wheel Mercedes bus, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has started his 'Vikas Sey Vijay Tak’ rath yatra. The 'rath' is said to be equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities. The bus is said to be one of the most hi-tech campaign vehicles ever used in India. On the first day, the ‘yatra’ will cover Kanpur, Lucknow and Unnao.
Check out Akhilesh Yadav's swanky Mercedes-rath and know about its special features: (PTI Photo)
The 'Vijay Rath' is actually an upgraded version of four-wheel buses. The cost of the rath is not known, though it is estimated to be anywhere between Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. (PTI Photo)
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, this is the first time that Akhilesh Yadav will use a new 'rath' for campaigning. The vehicle he used in 2012 was a 'Kranti Rath' he inherited from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The Mercedes bus is obviously bullet-proof. It also has a hydraulic lift that will allow Akhilesh Yadav to address public from the roof of the bus.
It comes equipped with a high fidelity sound system and LED screens to project the government's 'Kaam Bolta Hai' series of videos, reports suggest. (PTI Photo)
The bus also has a restroom, pantry, plush toilet, mechanised and hydraulic reclining chairs, WiFi and WiFi-connected TV, a good AC and air purifiers.
More from this section
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus launched today; See photos here
- CBSE Uniform System of Assessment between classes 6 to 9: Know all the new exam format
- Xiaomi’s cheapest phone Redmi 4A launched in India at Rs 5,999: Other Top 5 smartphones available under Rs 10,000
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport bags world’s number 2 & ‘Best Airport in Central Asia’ awards
- UP Chief Minister swearing-in: Yogi Adityanath takes charge as PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah watch from stage
- Donald Trump meets Angela Merkel: A cold, ‘humiliation-filled’ encounter with one of USA’s trusted allies
- Indian Railways takes a leap! These ‘Make in India’ suburban rail EMUs will replace ones powered by MNCs
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport is the ‘Best Regional Airport in Central Asia’
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat to ease traffic woes on Ahmedabad-Mumbai National Highway