Akhilesh Yadav’s ‘Rath Yatra’ for Samajwadi Party: Check out UP CM’s swanky Mercedes-rath – know its features
Akhilesh Yadav's grand 'Rath Yatra' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls 2016 has begun, and how! In a stylish 10-wheel Mercedes bus, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has started his 'Vikas Sey Vijay Tak’ rath yatra. The 'rath' is said to be equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities. The bus is said to be one of the most hi-tech campaign vehicles ever used in India. On the first day, the ‘yatra’ will cover Kanpur, Lucknow and Unnao.
Check out Akhilesh Yadav's swanky Mercedes-rath and know about its special features: (PTI Photo)
The 'Vijay Rath' is actually an upgraded version of four-wheel buses. The cost of the rath is not known, though it is estimated to be anywhere between Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. (PTI Photo)
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, this is the first time that Akhilesh Yadav will use a new 'rath' for campaigning. The vehicle he used in 2012 was a 'Kranti Rath' he inherited from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The Mercedes bus is obviously bullet-proof. It also has a hydraulic lift that will allow Akhilesh Yadav to address public from the roof of the bus.
It comes equipped with a high fidelity sound system and LED screens to project the government's 'Kaam Bolta Hai' series of videos, reports suggest. (PTI Photo)
The bus also has a restroom, pantry, plush toilet, mechanised and hydraulic reclining chairs, WiFi and WiFi-connected TV, a good AC and air purifiers.
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists