Akhilesh Yadav’s ‘Rath Yatra’ for Samajwadi Party: Check out UP CM’s swanky Mercedes-rath – know its features
Akhilesh Yadav's grand 'Rath Yatra' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls 2016 has begun, and how! In a stylish 10-wheel Mercedes bus, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has started his 'Vikas Sey Vijay Tak’ rath yatra. The 'rath' is said to be equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities. The bus is said to be one of the most hi-tech campaign vehicles ever used in India. On the first day, the ‘yatra’ will cover Kanpur, Lucknow and Unnao.
Check out Akhilesh Yadav's swanky Mercedes-rath and know about its special features: (PTI Photo)
The 'Vijay Rath' is actually an upgraded version of four-wheel buses. The cost of the rath is not known, though it is estimated to be anywhere between Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. (PTI Photo)
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, this is the first time that Akhilesh Yadav will use a new 'rath' for campaigning. The vehicle he used in 2012 was a 'Kranti Rath' he inherited from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The Mercedes bus is obviously bullet-proof. It also has a hydraulic lift that will allow Akhilesh Yadav to address public from the roof of the bus.
It comes equipped with a high fidelity sound system and LED screens to project the government's 'Kaam Bolta Hai' series of videos, reports suggest. (PTI Photo)
The bus also has a restroom, pantry, plush toilet, mechanised and hydraulic reclining chairs, WiFi and WiFi-connected TV, a good AC and air purifiers.
More from this section
- Monsoon fury in Gujarat: Rivers at spate, water level at dams above danger mark; see pics
- CBSE makes Aadhaar mandatory for UGC-NET November 2017 examination
- How an airplane maker is leading an arms industry revival in Czech Republic
- New Singapore air terminal automates departures with face recognition – first in Asia to do so; check out images
- Sabarmati River front flood warning: Dharoi Dam releases 50,000 cusecs of water, Ahmedabad Commissioner raises alert
- Indian summer monsoons strengthen over past 15 years, reverses 50-year dry spell; check out images
- India gets 14th President – Ram Nath Kovind; here are big pictures from the ceremony
- Mumbai building collapse in Ghatkopar: 9 dead, 50 feared missing; heart-rending photos emerge
- T-50 PAK-FA: Know about Russia’s most advanced 5th generation stealth fighter jet