Akhilesh Yadav’s ‘Rath Yatra’ for Samajwadi Party: Check out UP CM’s swanky Mercedes-rath – know its features
Akhilesh Yadav's grand 'Rath Yatra' for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls 2016 has begun, and how! In a stylish 10-wheel Mercedes bus, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has started his 'Vikas Sey Vijay Tak’ rath yatra. The 'rath' is said to be equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities. The bus is said to be one of the most hi-tech campaign vehicles ever used in India. On the first day, the ‘yatra’ will cover Kanpur, Lucknow and Unnao.
Check out Akhilesh Yadav's swanky Mercedes-rath and know about its special features: (PTI Photo)
The 'Vijay Rath' is actually an upgraded version of four-wheel buses. The cost of the rath is not known, though it is estimated to be anywhere between Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. (PTI Photo)
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, this is the first time that Akhilesh Yadav will use a new 'rath' for campaigning. The vehicle he used in 2012 was a 'Kranti Rath' he inherited from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The Mercedes bus is obviously bullet-proof. It also has a hydraulic lift that will allow Akhilesh Yadav to address public from the roof of the bus.
It comes equipped with a high fidelity sound system and LED screens to project the government's 'Kaam Bolta Hai' series of videos, reports suggest. (PTI Photo)
The bus also has a restroom, pantry, plush toilet, mechanised and hydraulic reclining chairs, WiFi and WiFi-connected TV, a good AC and air purifiers.
More from this section
- 7th Pay Commission Timeline: All that has happened so far and what next
- Narendra Modi’s new ride is an unusual gift from Netherlands; delighted PM thanks Netherlands counterpart Mark Rutte
- Narendra Modi in Netherlands: PM meets Dutch Premier Mark Rutte; check out the top moments
- World’s first ATM machine turns to gold on 50th birthday
- HMS Queen Elizabeth sets sail on maiden voyage; see how UK’s largest-ever warship looks like
- Modi and Trump strike rapport with hugs, smiles and handshakes; these pictures say it all
- Narendra Modi, Donald Trump ‘bromance’ blooms at White House, see pics
- Narendra Modi in US: PM scripts big triumph as Donald Trump administration designates Syed Salahuddin global terrorist
- Eid Mubarak 2017: From Israel to Egypt here’s how the world is celebrating the festival