Karwa Chauth 2016: Puja shubh muhurat and moon rising time
Karva Chauth 2016: Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival traditionally celebrated by married women. The festival falls on the fourth day of the Hindu lunisolar calendar. Women celebrate the day by fasting for their husband’s good fortune, longevity of life and wealth. Married women start preparing for the festival a few days in advance. Their outfit is picked out, usually in bridal colours of red or pink. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Karwa Chuath is also celebrated by unmarried women who follow the rituals of this day for their desired life partners. On this day women are seen decked up in the best of their sarees and jewelries and observe fast the whole day without even consuming a drop of water from the dawn till the moon rise, they only break their fast upon worshipping the moon. After the Karwa Chauth Pooja rituals, once the moon is visible the husband feeds his wife the first morsel of the day. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Karva Chauth Pooja starts in the evening at around 6 PM. The women dress up and gather together to do puja. The karwa chauth katha is read aloud as the thali with a glass of water, sweet, a diya and other pooja materials is passed around in a circle. The entire duration for Karwa Chauth Puja is around 1 hour and 13 minutes. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Different people break the fast in different ways. The one consistent tradition is to look at your husband through a sieve and then take a sip of water from his hands to break your fast. In recent times, men also choose to fast for their wives, breaking stereotypes. Everybody then enjoys a delicious meal together. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: In New Delhi, the new moon is expected to rise at 8:47 pm and the offerings to the moon can be made following that. Here’s a list of moonrise timings in states across India. Moonrise time in Uttar Pradesh – 8:35 pm Moonrise time in Mumbai – 9:21 pm Moonrise time in Rajasthan – 8:56 pm Moonrise time in Himachal Pradesh – 8:43 pm Moonrise time in Punjab – 8:49 pm Moonrise time in Haryana – 8:48 pm Moonrise time in Bengaluru – 9:09 pm Moonrise time in Kolkata – 8:11 pm (PTI)
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists