Karwa Chauth 2016: Puja shubh muhurat and moon rising time
Karva Chauth 2016: Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival traditionally celebrated by married women. The festival falls on the fourth day of the Hindu lunisolar calendar. Women celebrate the day by fasting for their husband’s good fortune, longevity of life and wealth. Married women start preparing for the festival a few days in advance. Their outfit is picked out, usually in bridal colours of red or pink. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Karwa Chuath is also celebrated by unmarried women who follow the rituals of this day for their desired life partners. On this day women are seen decked up in the best of their sarees and jewelries and observe fast the whole day without even consuming a drop of water from the dawn till the moon rise, they only break their fast upon worshipping the moon. After the Karwa Chauth Pooja rituals, once the moon is visible the husband feeds his wife the first morsel of the day. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Karva Chauth Pooja starts in the evening at around 6 PM. The women dress up and gather together to do puja. The karwa chauth katha is read aloud as the thali with a glass of water, sweet, a diya and other pooja materials is passed around in a circle. The entire duration for Karwa Chauth Puja is around 1 hour and 13 minutes. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: Different people break the fast in different ways. The one consistent tradition is to look at your husband through a sieve and then take a sip of water from his hands to break your fast. In recent times, men also choose to fast for their wives, breaking stereotypes. Everybody then enjoys a delicious meal together. (PTI)
Karva Chauth 2016: In New Delhi, the new moon is expected to rise at 8:47 pm and the offerings to the moon can be made following that. Here’s a list of moonrise timings in states across India. Moonrise time in Uttar Pradesh – 8:35 pm Moonrise time in Mumbai – 9:21 pm Moonrise time in Rajasthan – 8:56 pm Moonrise time in Himachal Pradesh – 8:43 pm Moonrise time in Punjab – 8:49 pm Moonrise time in Haryana – 8:48 pm Moonrise time in Bengaluru – 9:09 pm Moonrise time in Kolkata – 8:11 pm (PTI)
More from this section
- BMC elections 2017: Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan: See which Bollywood celebs voted
- IPL Auction 2017: From Ben Stokes at Rs 14.5 cr to Pat Cummins at Rs 4.5 Cr, cricketers who bagged the top 5 deals
- Farida Jalal death hoax: Here’s why the actress caused a Twitter frenzy
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival
- Grammys 2017: Five photos of Adele, Beyonce and Lady Gaga to blow your mind