Maharajas’ Express receives ‘Seven star luxury hospitality and lifestyle award’: Take this royal slideshow trip
The Maharajas' Express, the world's most luxurious train owned and operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The award for the highly decorated train was received by IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director Dr A K Manocha in the 'Seven Star Experience Sector'.
Maharajas' Express was presented the "Signum Virtutis", the seal of Excellence, from the Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at a function held at the Villa Padierna Hotel in Marbella. Maharajas' Express is a 23 coach train that currently runs on five routes with choices of 7 Nights/8 Days and 3 Nights/4 Days itineraries. The itineraries cover destinations like Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Ajanta, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Lucknow.
Luxury train traveling in India has come a long way since the introduction of Palace on Wheels train in 1982 for promotion of tourism in Rajasthan. The most recent and unarguably the most luxurious tourist train in India with finesse at par with the Orient Express of the West, Maharajas Express has redefined the art of elegant train traveling in India. A fascinating voyage across some of the finest destinations in India let you discover the true spirit of this incredible nation.
One of the most expensive and luxurious luxury train rides in the world, the salons of the Maharaja Express train draws inspiration from the private saloons of the erstwhile Maharajas of India. Even before the inception of rail traveling in India, Maharajahs of India had a keen fascination with these moving wonders on wheels invented by James Watt.
Maharajas' ExpressMany Maharajahs of India ruling various princely states took the initiative to build their own lines whereas many had their heir apparent built miles of narrow gauge lines where they could play with their personal toy trains. Even as Maharaja of Vadodara built his then son and the present Maharaja of Vadodara a fully functional toy train, Maharaja of Gwalior used to proudly flaunt his silver model train chugging along the center of his banqueting table to the dignitaries and officers of East India Company.
The journeys of Maharajas Express have even been compared to that of legendary Orient Express of the West in refinement and luxury. From every modern amenity which money can buy to eco-friendly technologies and services, every aspect of an elegant train journey has been looked into with meticulous diligence.
More from this section
- From 7th pay commission, Air India to pensioners, top 8 Cabinet decisions taken by Modi Cabinet today
- Monsoon showers blessings on nation, boundless joy erupts across India; check out spectacular photos
- 7th Pay Commission Timeline: All that has happened so far and what can happen next during Narendra Modi cabinet meet
- Narendra Modi’s new ride is an unusual gift from Netherlands; delighted PM thanks Netherlands counterpart Mark Rutte
- Narendra Modi in Netherlands: PM meets Dutch Premier Mark Rutte; check out the top moments
- World’s first ATM machine turns to gold on 50th birthday
- HMS Queen Elizabeth sets sail on maiden voyage; see how UK’s largest-ever warship looks like
- Modi and Trump strike rapport with hugs, smiles and handshakes; these pictures say it all
- Narendra Modi, Donald Trump ‘bromance’ blooms at White House, see pics