Maharajas’ Express receives ‘Seven star luxury hospitality and lifestyle award’: Take this royal slideshow trip
The Maharajas' Express, the world's most luxurious train owned and operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The award for the highly decorated train was received by IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director Dr A K Manocha in the 'Seven Star Experience Sector'.
Maharajas' Express was presented the "Signum Virtutis", the seal of Excellence, from the Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at a function held at the Villa Padierna Hotel in Marbella. Maharajas' Express is a 23 coach train that currently runs on five routes with choices of 7 Nights/8 Days and 3 Nights/4 Days itineraries. The itineraries cover destinations like Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Ajanta, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Lucknow.
Luxury train traveling in India has come a long way since the introduction of Palace on Wheels train in 1982 for promotion of tourism in Rajasthan. The most recent and unarguably the most luxurious tourist train in India with finesse at par with the Orient Express of the West, Maharajas Express has redefined the art of elegant train traveling in India. A fascinating voyage across some of the finest destinations in India let you discover the true spirit of this incredible nation.
One of the most expensive and luxurious luxury train rides in the world, the salons of the Maharaja Express train draws inspiration from the private saloons of the erstwhile Maharajas of India. Even before the inception of rail traveling in India, Maharajahs of India had a keen fascination with these moving wonders on wheels invented by James Watt.
Maharajas' ExpressMany Maharajahs of India ruling various princely states took the initiative to build their own lines whereas many had their heir apparent built miles of narrow gauge lines where they could play with their personal toy trains. Even as Maharaja of Vadodara built his then son and the present Maharaja of Vadodara a fully functional toy train, Maharaja of Gwalior used to proudly flaunt his silver model train chugging along the center of his banqueting table to the dignitaries and officers of East India Company.
The journeys of Maharajas Express have even been compared to that of legendary Orient Express of the West in refinement and luxury. From every modern amenity which money can buy to eco-friendly technologies and services, every aspect of an elegant train journey has been looked into with meticulous diligence.
More from this section
- ISC Results 2017: CISCE Class 12th result declared today at 3 PM, visit cisce.org to check your scores
- ICSE Results 2017: CISCE Class 10th result declared today at 3 PM, visit cisce.org to check your scores
- Delhi Metro Heritage Line: With art installations and 3D panels, the new Purple Line is sure to flatter; take a look
- GSEB SSC Result 2017 declared at www.gseb.org, 8374 students score above 99 per cent in Gujarat board 10th exam; check your scores
- CBSE 12th Result 2017: Central Board of Secondary Education results declared today at 10 AM, students can visit cbse.nic.in to download their score cards
- Sri Lanka floods: Indian Navy’s INS Kirch reaches for rescue operations; take a look
- Dhola-Sadiya bridge images: Indian Army’s powerful tanks can roll on it! All about India’s longest river bridge
- Uzma returns from Pakistan, hails Sushma Swaraj; take a look
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: Indian cricket team attends screening, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, others have gala time; check pics