Maharajas’ Express receives ‘Seven star luxury hospitality and lifestyle award’: Take this royal slideshow trip
The Maharajas' Express, the world's most luxurious train owned and operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The award for the highly decorated train was received by IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director Dr A K Manocha in the 'Seven Star Experience Sector'.
Maharajas' Express was presented the "Signum Virtutis", the seal of Excellence, from the Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at a function held at the Villa Padierna Hotel in Marbella. Maharajas' Express is a 23 coach train that currently runs on five routes with choices of 7 Nights/8 Days and 3 Nights/4 Days itineraries. The itineraries cover destinations like Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Ajanta, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Lucknow.
Luxury train traveling in India has come a long way since the introduction of Palace on Wheels train in 1982 for promotion of tourism in Rajasthan. The most recent and unarguably the most luxurious tourist train in India with finesse at par with the Orient Express of the West, Maharajas Express has redefined the art of elegant train traveling in India. A fascinating voyage across some of the finest destinations in India let you discover the true spirit of this incredible nation.
One of the most expensive and luxurious luxury train rides in the world, the salons of the Maharaja Express train draws inspiration from the private saloons of the erstwhile Maharajas of India. Even before the inception of rail traveling in India, Maharajahs of India had a keen fascination with these moving wonders on wheels invented by James Watt.
Maharajas' ExpressMany Maharajahs of India ruling various princely states took the initiative to build their own lines whereas many had their heir apparent built miles of narrow gauge lines where they could play with their personal toy trains. Even as Maharaja of Vadodara built his then son and the present Maharaja of Vadodara a fully functional toy train, Maharaja of Gwalior used to proudly flaunt his silver model train chugging along the center of his banqueting table to the dignitaries and officers of East India Company.
The journeys of Maharajas Express have even been compared to that of legendary Orient Express of the West in refinement and luxury. From every modern amenity which money can buy to eco-friendly technologies and services, every aspect of an elegant train journey has been looked into with meticulous diligence.
More from this section
- Karwa Chauth 2016: Importance and origin of Karwa Chauth, Katha and story of Karwa Chauth
- Karwa Chauth 2016: Puja shubh muhurat and moon rising time
- Bigg Boss 10: Rahul Dev being paid the most at Rs 2 cr, VJ Bani, Karan Mehra follow
- Maharajas’ Express receives ‘Seven star luxury hospitality and lifestyle award’: Take this royal slideshow trip
- RPSC LDC Grade 2 re-exam to be held on October 23; check rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
- Bigg Boss 10: Top 5 highlights from Salman Khan’s show
- Flipkart sale: From Apple iPhone 6 to Samsung Galaxy On8, check top 5 smartphone deals for today
- CBSE UGC Net 2017 exam notification: Apply online from October 17, exam on January 22; check cbsenet.nic.in
- Bigg Boss 10: Top 5 break-ups of Salman Khan’s show