Maharajas’ Express receives ‘Seven star luxury hospitality and lifestyle award’: Take this royal slideshow trip
The Maharajas' Express, the world's most luxurious train owned and operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The award for the highly decorated train was received by IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director Dr A K Manocha in the 'Seven Star Experience Sector'.
Maharajas' Express was presented the "Signum Virtutis", the seal of Excellence, from the Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at a function held at the Villa Padierna Hotel in Marbella. Maharajas' Express is a 23 coach train that currently runs on five routes with choices of 7 Nights/8 Days and 3 Nights/4 Days itineraries. The itineraries cover destinations like Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Ajanta, Gwalior, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Lucknow.
Luxury train traveling in India has come a long way since the introduction of Palace on Wheels train in 1982 for promotion of tourism in Rajasthan. The most recent and unarguably the most luxurious tourist train in India with finesse at par with the Orient Express of the West, Maharajas Express has redefined the art of elegant train traveling in India. A fascinating voyage across some of the finest destinations in India let you discover the true spirit of this incredible nation.
One of the most expensive and luxurious luxury train rides in the world, the salons of the Maharaja Express train draws inspiration from the private saloons of the erstwhile Maharajas of India. Even before the inception of rail traveling in India, Maharajahs of India had a keen fascination with these moving wonders on wheels invented by James Watt.
Maharajas' ExpressMany Maharajahs of India ruling various princely states took the initiative to build their own lines whereas many had their heir apparent built miles of narrow gauge lines where they could play with their personal toy trains. Even as Maharaja of Vadodara built his then son and the present Maharaja of Vadodara a fully functional toy train, Maharaja of Gwalior used to proudly flaunt his silver model train chugging along the center of his banqueting table to the dignitaries and officers of East India Company.
The journeys of Maharajas Express have even been compared to that of legendary Orient Express of the West in refinement and luxury. From every modern amenity which money can buy to eco-friendly technologies and services, every aspect of an elegant train journey has been looked into with meticulous diligence.
More from this section
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction