Microsoft chief Satya Nadella pay package falls to $17.7 mn
Microsoft chief Satya Nadella's pay package has fallen from $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015 to $17.7 million in the June-ended fiscal, and this included a $4.4 million bonus. The fall is of 3 per cent. Nadella has been tasked with the responsibility of getting Microsoft back to its glory days after years of tepid growth. The figures are as a per securities filing by the company. (Image Source: Reuters)
As per the break-up, Satya Nadella pay in 2016 includes a base salary of $1.2 million, a bonus of $4.46 million, a stock award (shares of the tech major) amounting to $12.01 million, plus other compensation amounting to $14,104. Satya Nadella's stock award would be as high as $13.83 million if the performance was at the top-most levels. (Image Source: Reuters)
Among the other top honchos at Microsoft, Amy E Hood, Executive Vice President and CFO, has a compensation package at $10.37 million, and Kevin Turner who was the Chief Operating Officer earned $12.95 million – he quit in July. (Image Source: Reuters)
According to the Seattle Times, "In response to concerns about subjective standards leading to inflated paychecks, Microsoft has been adding financial- and performance-based metrics to its executive-compensation formulas". It added that the IT major will deploy a new formula to 'company-specific metrics'. (Image Source: Reuters)
Peggy Johnson who is Microsoft's Business-development chief, earned $6.7 million, which had fallen as much as 54%. (Image Source: [email protected])
More from this section
- China flexes its military muscle with first indigenous aircraft carrier; know all about it
- Odisha 10th result 2017: HSE results declared, visit bseodisha.nic.in for latest Higher Secondary Certificates and Madhyama exam updates
- Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying ‘wow’! Check out what’s new
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed