Microsoft chief Satya Nadella pay package falls to $17.7 mn
Microsoft chief Satya Nadella's pay package has fallen from $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015 to $17.7 million in the June-ended fiscal, and this included a $4.4 million bonus. The fall is of 3 per cent. Nadella has been tasked with the responsibility of getting Microsoft back to its glory days after years of tepid growth. The figures are as a per securities filing by the company. (AP)
As per the break-up, Satya Nadella pay in 2016 includes a base salary of $1.2 million, a bonus of $4.46 million, a stock award (shares of the tech major) amounting to $12.01 million, plus other compensation amounting to $14,104. Satya Nadella's stock award would be as high as $13.83 million if the performance was at the top-most levels. (AP)
Among the other top honchos at Microsoft, Amy E Hood, Executive Vice President and CFO, has a compensation package at $10.37 million, and Kevin Turner who was the Chief Operating Officer earned $12.95 million – he quit in July. (AP)
According to the Seattle Times, "In response to concerns about subjective standards leading to inflated paychecks, Microsoft has been adding financial- and performance-based metrics to its executive-compensation formulas". It added that the IT major will deploy a new formula to 'company-specific metrics'.
Peggy Johnson who is Microsoft's Business-development chief, earned $6.7 million, which had fallen as much as 54%.
More from this section
- Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath: Thousands of devotees celebrate across India amid tight security
- Kidambi Srikanth beats Olympic champion Chen Long to Australian Open trophy; best moments in pictures
- Jewar airport Greater Noida: 5 things to know about the new International Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Tubelight box office collection day 2: Salman Khan, Zhu Zhu starrer earns Rs 21.17 cr ahead of Eid
- ICC Women’s World Cup 2017: Spectacular Mithali Raj innings shatters many records
- Falcon 9 SpaceX rocket successfully launched from Kennedy Space Center
- PM Modi meets Portuguese counterpart Antonio Costa in Lisbon, gets big hug from him; take a look
- AMAZING! PM Narendra Modi shared these beautiful pictures ahead of his 3-nation tour
- Paris aiming high to boost its bid for 2024 Olympics against Los Angeles