Microsoft chief Satya Nadella pay package falls to $17.7 mn
Microsoft chief Satya Nadella's pay package has fallen from $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015 to $17.7 million in the June-ended fiscal, and this included a $4.4 million bonus. The fall is of 3 per cent. Nadella has been tasked with the responsibility of getting Microsoft back to its glory days after years of tepid growth. The figures are as a per securities filing by the company. (AP)
As per the break-up, Satya Nadella pay in 2016 includes a base salary of $1.2 million, a bonus of $4.46 million, a stock award (shares of the tech major) amounting to $12.01 million, plus other compensation amounting to $14,104. Satya Nadella's stock award would be as high as $13.83 million if the performance was at the top-most levels. (AP)
Among the other top honchos at Microsoft, Amy E Hood, Executive Vice President and CFO, has a compensation package at $10.37 million, and Kevin Turner who was the Chief Operating Officer earned $12.95 million – he quit in July. (AP)
According to the Seattle Times, "In response to concerns about subjective standards leading to inflated paychecks, Microsoft has been adding financial- and performance-based metrics to its executive-compensation formulas". It added that the IT major will deploy a new formula to 'company-specific metrics'.
Peggy Johnson who is Microsoft's Business-development chief, earned $6.7 million, which had fallen as much as 54%.
More from this section
- CBSE Uniform System of Assessment between classes 6 to 9: Know all the new exam format
- Xiaomi’s cheapest phone Redmi 4A launched in India at Rs 5,999: Other Top 5 smartphones available under Rs 10,000
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport bags world’s number 2 & ‘Best Airport in Central Asia’ awards
- UP Chief Minister swearing-in: Yogi Adityanath takes charge as PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah watch from stage
- Donald Trump meets Angela Merkel: A cold, ‘humiliation-filled’ encounter with one of USA’s trusted allies
- Indian Railways takes a leap! These ‘Make in India’ suburban rail EMUs will replace ones powered by MNCs
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport is the ‘Best Regional Airport in Central Asia’
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat to ease traffic woes on Ahmedabad-Mumbai National Highway
- UP polls 2017: With ‘Jai Kisan, Jai Jawan’ slogan in Varanasi, PM Narendra Modi unveils his UP vision for farmers