Microsoft chief Satya Nadella pay package falls to $17.7 mn
Microsoft chief Satya Nadella's pay package has fallen from $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015 to $17.7 million in the June-ended fiscal, and this included a $4.4 million bonus. The fall is of 3 per cent. Nadella has been tasked with the responsibility of getting Microsoft back to its glory days after years of tepid growth. The figures are as a per securities filing by the company. (AP)
As per the break-up, Satya Nadella pay in 2016 includes a base salary of $1.2 million, a bonus of $4.46 million, a stock award (shares of the tech major) amounting to $12.01 million, plus other compensation amounting to $14,104. Satya Nadella's stock award would be as high as $13.83 million if the performance was at the top-most levels. (AP)
Among the other top honchos at Microsoft, Amy E Hood, Executive Vice President and CFO, has a compensation package at $10.37 million, and Kevin Turner who was the Chief Operating Officer earned $12.95 million – he quit in July. (AP)
According to the Seattle Times, "In response to concerns about subjective standards leading to inflated paychecks, Microsoft has been adding financial- and performance-based metrics to its executive-compensation formulas". It added that the IT major will deploy a new formula to 'company-specific metrics'.
Peggy Johnson who is Microsoft's Business-development chief, earned $6.7 million, which had fallen as much as 54%.
More from this section
- India vs England: Virat Kohli leads team to massive win after Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni special
- UPSC NDA NA Exam (I) 2017: Application open, apply latest by February 10
- Jallikattu ban: From Dhanush, Suriya to Vishal, Kollywood wants Tamil culture to stay intact
- Hot! Deepika Padukone and Vin Diesel on fire in the Late Late Show with James Corden
- Jallikattu protests: Crowds gather to protest Supreme Court ban across Tamil Nadu
- IBPS Exam Calendar 2017-18: All you need to know
- ICAI CA Final and CPT Result 2016 declared: Here are the steps to check results
- Shahrukh Khan fans’ anticipation grows as ‘8 days to Raees’ trends
- Gandhinagar Railway station all set to get a hotel and a swanky makeover! Here’s what it will look like