Microsoft chief Satya Nadella pay package falls to $17.7 mn
Microsoft chief Satya Nadella's pay package has fallen from $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015 to $17.7 million in the June-ended fiscal, and this included a $4.4 million bonus. The fall is of 3 per cent. Nadella has been tasked with the responsibility of getting Microsoft back to its glory days after years of tepid growth. The figures are as a per securities filing by the company. (AP)
As per the break-up, Satya Nadella pay in 2016 includes a base salary of $1.2 million, a bonus of $4.46 million, a stock award (shares of the tech major) amounting to $12.01 million, plus other compensation amounting to $14,104. Satya Nadella's stock award would be as high as $13.83 million if the performance was at the top-most levels. (AP)
Among the other top honchos at Microsoft, Amy E Hood, Executive Vice President and CFO, has a compensation package at $10.37 million, and Kevin Turner who was the Chief Operating Officer earned $12.95 million – he quit in July. (AP)
According to the Seattle Times, "In response to concerns about subjective standards leading to inflated paychecks, Microsoft has been adding financial- and performance-based metrics to its executive-compensation formulas". It added that the IT major will deploy a new formula to 'company-specific metrics'.
Peggy Johnson who is Microsoft's Business-development chief, earned $6.7 million, which had fallen as much as 54%.
More from this section
- Now, hire ‘Robot Priest’ to perform Buddhist funeral rites; check out images
- Rs 50, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes images: Here are the new currency notes released by RBI
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha earns Rs 115.05 cr, but will it beat Akshay Kumar’s highest grosser Rowdy Rathore?
- This shipping route could cut distance from East Asia to Western Europe by 10,000 kilometers; see pics
- How Iran is trying to secure a corridor from its border to the Mediterranean
- Shah Rukh Khan in world’s highest paid actors list, find out 2 other Indians who made it there too
- Typhoon Hato rattles Hong Kong, streets flooded, flights cancelled; see pictures
- Android Oreo: List of smartphones to get the new OS, check if your mobile is on the list
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics