Janmashtami 2016: Muslim man Dr S Ahmed and family have celebrated Lord Krishna birth in Kanpur for 30 years
Janmashtami 2016: In a pleasant reminder of what good community living and religious harmony is all about, a Muslim family in Kanpur has become an icon of communal amity due to its habit of celebrating Janmashtami, the birth of Lord Krishna, for 30 years now. Janmashtami has been celebrated by Dr S. Ahmed and his family consisting of his wife and 3 children for the last 30 years at their home, including today. And they do not do it cursorily. They celebrate Janmashtami with full pomp and splendour and in fact perform all rituals that are required according to scriptures. The Lord Krishna pedestal is very vibrant and colourful and all those who come, leave impressed.
Janmashtami 2016: The best part, according to Dr Ahmed is that his neighbours have whole-heartedly supported him in his endeavours and in fact, his home has become quite a popular place as people come from far to view his splendid work and the celebrations too. Dr Ahmad said, “We pray to Lord Krishna not only for happiness and prosperity, but also for spreading a message of love, peace and brotherhood in the locality.”.
Janmashtami 2016: Dr Ahmad added, “My family and I have great 'shraddha' (faith) in Lord Krishna. Mandir, masjid aur gurdwara ne baant liya bhagwaan ko, nadiyaan baatein saagar baatein mat baaton insaan ko.” He was speaking to ANI.
More from this section
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!
- Indian Navy recruitment 2017, Maharashtra CET 2018 to ICAT 2018 Application forms, here are the latest education news
- Sneak Peek at World’s largest airport: Beijing New Airport set to become reality; cost attached unbelievable, but photos fabulous
- Judwaa 2 box office collections vs rest: Varun Dhawan smashes all opposition – blood on BO