Ola, Flipkart come together, make Lenovo Vibe K5 Note smartphone offer
Cab aggregator Ola, ecommerce major Flipkart have created a 'VR-RIDE' category on Ola app to avail the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note offer. This special drive is intended to promote the upcoming launch of Lenovo Vibe K5 Note smartphone. The offer applies to Ola Prime customers. Under this Ola, Flipkart offer, anybody who takes an Ola Prime ride will be able to request a Lenovo Vibe K5 Note for preview at their doorstep before it becomes available for sale on Flipkart
The launch date of Lenovo Vibe K5 note is set for August 4th, 2016 and will be exclusively available for sale on Flipkart. Customers booking a ride with Ola Prime on August 1st and 2nd, can unlock a new category on the Ola’s App 'VR-RIDE' on August 3rd, while customers taking an Ola Prime ride on August 3rd and 4th, can unlock the category on August 5th and August 6th. (Reuters)
Under this Ola, Flipkart, along with Lenovo Vibe K5 Note, AntVR headset will also be given for preview. The campaign will be rolled out in five cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Pune starting August 1, 2016, said a statement from Ola. Ola claims that this is the first time ever that a smartphone will be available for preview through an on-demand platform, at the customer’s doorstep within 3-4 minutes of requesting a cab.
However, this marketing strategy is not really unique to India, something very similar was attempted by Chinese mobile technology startup OnePlus. In June 2016, it partnered with online taxi aggregator Uber, a rival of Ola in India, to send free OnePlus Loop VR headset to customers' doorsteps within minutes of making a booking on the Uber app in order to enable people to experience the VR-launch of its new flagship phone – the OnePlus 3. (Text by Mohd Ujaley)
More from this section
- Rs 50, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes images: Here are the new currency notes released by RBI
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha earns Rs 115.05 cr, but will it beat Akshay Kumar’s highest grosser Rowdy Rathore?
- This shipping route could cut distance from East Asia to Western Europe by 10,000 kilometers; see pics
- How Iran is trying to secure a corridor from its border to the Mediterranean
- Shah Rukh Khan in world’s highest paid actors list, find out 2 other Indians who made it there too
- Typhoon Hato rattles Hong Kong, streets flooded, flights cancelled; see pictures
- Android Oreo: List of smartphones to get the new OS, check if your mobile is on the list
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics
- US Navy to launch fleet-wide probe after USS John McCain collision; see pics