Apple CEO Tim Cook’s India visit: From Siddhivinayak temple, dinner with Shahrukh Khan to Apple centre & IPL match
Apple CEO Tim Cook's four-day India visit has been one roller coaster of social and business engagements. Apart from opening Apple's new office in Hyderabad, Cook went to Mumbai's famed Siddhivinayak Temple, dined with a host of Bollywood stars at Shahrukh Khan's residence, met iOS app developers and even managed to see an IPL match! Cook has in the past few months stressed on the growing importance of Indian market for the iPhone maker, and is slated to meet PM Narendra Modi in the last leg of his visit to the country. We take a look at some choicest images of Tim Cook's first visit to India as the Apple CEO.
The Apple CEO, who landed in Mumbai on a private jet from Beijing, began his India sojourn on a religious note by paying a visit to the famed Siddhivinayak Temple in the heart of the mega-polis. At the Siddhivinayak Temple, located at Prabhadevi area of south Central Mumbai, he also chanced up on Mukesh Ambani's elder son Anant Ambani. (PTI Photo)
It was a happy moment for the entire team of the upcoming flick 'Raaz Reboot,' when Tim Cook came to meet them on their sets at Mehboob Studio. Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt has flooded his Twitter handle with several pictures. The film-maker posted his snap with Emraan Hashmi, Mukesh Bhatt and Tim, writing, "The RAAZ Reboot team with Tim Cook at our shoot in Mehboob Studio." (Twitter Photo)
Tim Cook enjoyed a dinner hosted by Shahrukh Khan at the Bollywood actor's residence in Mumbai. (Twitter Photo)
Also, present on the occassion were Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. (Twitter Photo)
At the dinner, Cook also met tennis ace Sania Mirza. Mirza tweeted, "Thank you for being such a good host @iamsrk and such a pleasure to meet @tim_cook .. Welcome to India :)" (Twitter Photo)
In Mumbai, Cook also met four app developers and understood their applications. "Great to hear from some of India's top iOS developers today. Innovative apps and many ideas for the future!" Cook tweeted. (Twitter Photo)
In Hyderabad, Tim Cook visited the Golconda Fort. (PTI Photo)
Technology giant Apple has shown where its priorities lie, with the opening of its new office in Hyderabad that will focus on development of Maps for products like iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. (AP Photo)
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao inaugurated the facility in presence of Apple CEO Tim Cook and state IT Minister K T Rama Rao. (PTI Photo)
Tim Cook on IPL: Cook was floored by his first IPL experience when he turned up to watch Gujarat Lions take on Kolkata Knight Riders. "It is incredible. I am already hooked on to it," said Cook during a brief chat aired by the host broadcaster during the KKR innings. Cook came to watch the game in sweltering heat but he was not complaining much. He was seen enjoying the game while sitting alongside IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla and Sanjay Dutt. Shukla tweeted this image saying, "With @tim_cook great visionary at @IPL match KANPUR."
More from this section
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!