A tribute to photojournalist Ravi Kanojia through his recent works
Ravi Kanojia, The Indian Express principal photographer, died in an accident while covering the journey of the water train in Jhansi on May 9, 2016. He was 34. Here is a collection of his recent works:
Kanojia was honoured for creative excellence by the Press Council of India in 2014 for his coverage of those displaced in the Muzaffarnagar riots. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan applaud as Amitabh Bachchan receives the National Award. Aishwarya was dressed in a Manish Malhotra sari. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
A cow sit at a roadside, at sector 22 in Noida on Oct 5th 2015. Express photo by Ravi Kanojia.
A Delhi police commando keeps vigil outside CEntral Secretariat metro station, on the eve of Republic day, in New Delhi on Jan 25th 2016. Express photo by Ravi Kanojia. *** Local Caption *** A Delhi police commando keeps vigil outside CEntral Secretariat metro station, on the eve of Republic day, in New Delhi on Jan 25th 2016. Express photo by Ravi Kanojia.
The country's millions of observant Hindu widows are expected to live out their days in quiet worship, dressed only in white. They are typically barred from all religious festivities because their very presence is considered inauspicious. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
The organization looks after their basic needs and gives them a stipend of 2,000 rupees ($30) to buy essentials. They are taught to make incense sticks and garlands to ensure that they can earn a small amount of money on their own. But for most part, the women spend the day singing hymns to Krishna, for which they earn 10 rupees (15 cents). The women range in age from 22 to 100. Some were abandoned by their families decades ago. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
Playing on the other end with Dwayne Smith, Brendon McCullum enjoyed a life as Sanju Samson dropped him early on. The Kiwi made the most of the chance to smash the DD attack all around the park to race off to yet another fifty. His 60 run knock from 36 balls had six fours and three sixes. (Source: Ravi Kanojia)
At 7pm a view of empty roads at ITO on the day one of Odd-Even phase II, in New Delhi on April 15th 2016. Express Photo by Ravi Kanojia.
Javed Akhtar with his wife Shabana Azmi at the 63rd National Film Awards 2015 in New Delhi. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
Kamla Advani, the wife of BJP veteran L K Advani, died on April 6 at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) due to heart failure. BJP senior leader L.K. Advani sit next to her wife Kamla Advani body, leaves his house for Nigambodh ghat cremation ground in New Delhi. (Source: Express photo by Ravi Kanojia)
Indian Tennis player Rohan Bopanna at a training session, a day before start the Davis Cup in New Delhi on Sept 17th 2015. Express photo by Ravi Kanojia.
Sandeep Tomar of Services (in Blue} and Nitin of Punjab at the 55kg final during the Senior National Wrestling championshi in, Nandini nagar, Gonda (UP) on Nov 9th 2012. Express photo by RAVI KANOJIA.
Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya at JNU Friday night, following their release from custody. Express Photo by Ravi Kanojia.
More from this section
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes
- Delhi drenched in rain, overnight showers to keep weekend pleasant; check out images