UPSC IAS exam 2016 notification to be released by April 23, check details at upsconline.nic.in
UPSC IAS exam 2016: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the official notification for the civil service IAS exam 2016 by April 23 on its official website upsconline.nic.in. Eligible candidates can submit their application for UPSC IAS exam 2016 till 20 May 2016. The preliminary examination for UPSC IAS exam 2016 will be held on 07 August 2016.UPSC conducts IAS examination every year to recruit fresher talents into the administrative sector of the country. Six attempts are allowed to every candidate appearing for the UPSC IAS exam. There are three levels of this exam, namely: Preliminary exam, main exam and personality test or interview. Only after clearing all the three rounds, the candidates will be eligible for the posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
How to Apply UPSC IAS exam 2016; Candidates are required to complete the UPSC IAS exam 2016 application form containing two stages. Candidates are also required to pay a fee of Rs 100 (except SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates). UPSC IAS exam 2016 will comprise of two successive stages: preliminary and main. Only those candidates who qualify the UPSC IAS preliminary examination can appear for the UPSC IAS main examination.
UPSC IAS preliminary examination 2016 will comprise of two compulsory papers (objective type; 200 marks each). The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi and English). The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. Each of the two papers of this examination will be of two hours duration.
NET 2016: The Union Cabinet has cleared an ordinance to defer the common entrance examination National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) by one year. NEET is a single entrance exam for all the medical colleges in the country, conducted by the Central Board of Examination (CBSE). The Supreme Court had earlier declared that the AIPMT held on May 1, 2016 be treated as the first phase of NEET. And students who could not appear for it are eligible to apply for the second phase of NEET that will be held in July.
More from this section
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics
- US Navy to launch fleet-wide probe after USS John McCain collision; see pics
- Delhi IGI Airport Terminal 2: From October 2017, use this revamped swanky T2 for domestic flights
- Screenwars this Friday, 10 films set for release, from Babumoshai, Qaidi Band to Terminator 3D, check out full list
- Solar Eclipse: Ten stunning images from the celestial event
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Wonder-struck, millions watch total eclipse as moon blanks out sun, rings in darkness in middle of morning; watch photos
- Chandigarh flood: Heavy rain overwhelms city infra, causes 3-km long traffic jams; waist high water in many areas
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau attends India Day parade in Montreal; see pics
- London’s iconic Big Ben to go silent for repairs until 2021; see pics