Bugatti Chiron – The World’s most powerful production car unveiled
The world's most powerful production car, the Bugatti Chiron, was unveiled today ahead of its debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. Set to replace the Bugatti Veyron, the Chiron features a massive 8.0-litre, quad turbo W16 engine, this engine churns out a whopping 1579bhp that is transferred to all four wheels. Though the Bugatti Chiron looks quite identical to its predecessor, it gets sharper lines on sides, revised bumpers, and slightly revised rear profile. Here are 5 interesting things you should know about the Bugatti Chiron hypercar -
Bugatti Chiron Specifications: Though the engine of the Chiron is similar to that of its predecessor, it produces almost 25 per cent more power than that of the latter. The company says that they could achieve the higher power with new turbochargers (controlled by two-stage system) and a new Charge Air Cooling system to intrude more air. The Chiron also features new fuel injectors to be able to handle the extra airflow. As mentioned earlier, the Chiron's 8.0-litre, Quad Turbo W16 powertrain churns out a maximum power output of 1579bhp.
Bugatti Chiron Top Speed: The more-powerful engine helps the Bugatti Chiron touch the 100kmph mark from standstill in under 2.5 seconds. It has an electronically limited top speed of 420kmph (261mph). Besides an increase in weight, the company has also slashed its weight to achieve a better power-to-weight ratio (741bhp per tonne). The company has used carbon fiber for outer shell to significantly reduce its weight.
Bugatti Chiron Transmission: The Bugatti Chiron gets a seven-speed dual clutch transmission, and the company says that it is the largest and highest-performance clutch fitted to a passenger car. The company claims that this gearbox was specifically developed for the Chiron and transmits power to all four-wheels of the hypercar.
Bugatti Chiron Drive Modes: The Chiron gets 5 drive modes - lift, auto, autobahn, handling and top speed. While the first four modes can be activated via options given on the steering wheel, the top-speed mode can be activated using a special key. The hypercar adjusts ride height, power-steering feel, four-wheel drive system and shock damping as per the drive mode.
Bugatti Chiron Price: Expected to be priced at USD 2.6 million, there will be only 500 units of the Bugatti Hypercar will be made. The buyer will be given several customisation options to built the car as per their taste.
More from this section
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!