OROP table took 2 months to prepare, says Manohar Parrikar; check out his latest One Rank One Pension views
OROP scheme: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said the grant of 'One Rank One Pension' (OROP) to those who took premature retirement from the armed forces could be considered with certain conditions. Here are Manohar Parrikar's comments on the OROP scheme:
1. OROP scheme: Explaining the complex and exhaustive nature of the One Rank One Pension task, Manohar Parrikar said, "It took me two months to get this (OROP) table (of pensions under the scheme) out after putting all my department on work".
2. OROP scheme: On "discrimination" against the armed forces vis-a-vis the 7th Pay Commission report, Manohar Parrikar said he will wait for the whole analysis of the report. "All the legitimate concerns of the armed force will be addressed," he assured. (PTI)
3. OROP scheme: On the demand by ex-servicemen to include early retirees in the One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme, Manohar Parrikar said, "We want to differentiate between voluntary retirement for better prospects and premature retirement in the interest of the Army. ...need to differentiate who is retiring for his own benefit and who is retiring for the nation's benefit". Parrikar added that the issue will be looked into by the one-man judicial committee formed on the matter. (Reuters)
4. OROP scheme: On equalisation of pensions, another contentious issue between the government and armed force veterans, Manohar Parrikar said the committee can look into this as well if they wanted, adding that "feasibility" was the main issue. (Express photo)
OROP notification: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had in September last year announced implementation of the long delayed OROP for ex-servicemen but the veterans have been continuing with their protest demanding "complete" implementation of the scheme. (AP)
More from this section
- MWC 2017: Best smartphones launched by Nokia, LG, Huawei, Sony and BlackBerry so far
- BMC elections 2017: Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan: See which Bollywood celebs voted
- IPL Auction 2017: From Ben Stokes at Rs 14.5 cr to Pat Cummins at Rs 4.5 Cr, cricketers who bagged the top 5 deals
- Farida Jalal death hoax: Here’s why the actress caused a Twitter frenzy
- Social media endorsement fees: At 2nd spot, Kendall Jenner paid $300,000 per tweet, but who is number one?
- From the Crimson Tide, Hunt For Red October, U-571, K-19 to The Ghazi, here are the top submarine movies ever made
- Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017: Akhilesh Yadav’s wife, Dimple Yadav campaigns for Aparna Yadav; Check out pictures
- Aero India 2017: From Sweden’s Gripen to India’s Tejas and France’s Rafale fighters, check out the stunning photos!
- Valentine’s Day 2017 photos: These breathtaking pics from all over the world prove V-Day isn’t just a western festival