OROP table took 2 months to prepare, says Manohar Parrikar; check out his latest One Rank One Pension views
OROP scheme: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said the grant of 'One Rank One Pension' (OROP) to those who took premature retirement from the armed forces could be considered with certain conditions. Here are Manohar Parrikar's comments on the OROP scheme:
1. OROP scheme: Explaining the complex and exhaustive nature of the One Rank One Pension task, Manohar Parrikar said, "It took me two months to get this (OROP) table (of pensions under the scheme) out after putting all my department on work".
2. OROP scheme: On "discrimination" against the armed forces vis-a-vis the 7th Pay Commission report, Manohar Parrikar said he will wait for the whole analysis of the report. "All the legitimate concerns of the armed force will be addressed," he assured. (PTI)
3. OROP scheme: On the demand by ex-servicemen to include early retirees in the One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme, Manohar Parrikar said, "We want to differentiate between voluntary retirement for better prospects and premature retirement in the interest of the Army. ...need to differentiate who is retiring for his own benefit and who is retiring for the nation's benefit". Parrikar added that the issue will be looked into by the one-man judicial committee formed on the matter. (Reuters)
4. OROP scheme: On equalisation of pensions, another contentious issue between the government and armed force veterans, Manohar Parrikar said the committee can look into this as well if they wanted, adding that "feasibility" was the main issue. (Express photo)
OROP notification: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had in September last year announced implementation of the long delayed OROP for ex-servicemen but the veterans have been continuing with their protest demanding "complete" implementation of the scheme. (AP)
More from this section
- CGBSE 10th result 2017 topper list: Check out the list of all the students in the top 10 merit list
- CGBSE 10th result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board result declared on cgbse.net today; here’s how to check result
- JEE Main 2017: Paper-1 answer keys, OMR sheets now available on the official website
- 15 stunning images of Railways’ ‘Vistadome’ glass-roofed train with rotating chairs; Prabhu aims at Europe like experience in India!
- Number of IS fighters killed by US non-nuclear ‘Mother Of All Bombs’ rises. Here’s all you need to know!
- Narendra Modi, Malcolm Turnbull’s day out: From perfect selfies on Delhi Metro to Akshardham buggy, how India, Oz PMs’ bromance blossomed
- Nothing is impossible: Here are the five global infrastructure projects which will soon be a reality!
- Deadly floods in Colombia leave a trail of destruction
- Asia’s largest tulip garden in Kashmir opens for tourists