New Mercedes-Benz cars at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016
1. Mercedes-Benz GLC : The C-Class based SUV, the Mercedes-Benz GLC's new-generation model made its India debut at the ongoing Auto Expo 2016 ahead of its launch later this year. Since the Mercedes GLC is based on the C-Class, it takes its design inspiration from the latter. The GLC measures 4656mm in length, 2096mm in width, 1644mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2874mm. The global model of the GLC gets two new engines - a 2.0-litre diesel and a 2.0-litre petrol. While the diesel unit is available in two states of tunes - 170bhp & 400Nm and 204bhp & 500Nm. The petrol mill, on the other hand, is good for 211bhp and 350Nm. Both the engines come mated to a 9G-Tronic automatic gearbox.
2. Mercedes Maybach S600 Guard : Mercedes-Benz India also displayed the Maybach S600 Guard, which is already on sale in the country. The first vehicle with highest ballistic protection standard - VR 9 . Priced at Rs 8.9 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Maybach S600 Guard is the most expensive Mercedes-Benz vehicle in India. It's available in both 4 and 5-seater versions.
3. Mercedes S-Class Cabriolet : The German carmaker also showcased the cabriolet variant of its flagship saloon S-Class at the motor show. This one features a 4.6-litre engine that, mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox, churns out a whopping 455bhp and 700Nm. The S-Class cabriolet is a soft-top convertible car, and its roof can be opened in about 20 seconds at speeds up to 60kmph.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia 2017 3rd ODI Live Streaming : When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes
- Delhi drenched in rain, overnight showers to keep weekend pleasant; check out images
- 10 Bollywood movies you didn’t know were selected for Oscars from India
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM lays foundation for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; see pictures
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride on the train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets