New Mahindra cars at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016
The country's largest utility vehicle maker, Mahindra & Mahindra showcased several new cars at the Auto Expo 2016 including an all-new concept and accessorized version of four of its cars. Also on display is a compact SUV developed by Mahindra-owned Sourth Korean carmaker SsangYong. Here's is a list of cars on display at Mahindra pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016.
Mahindra XUV Aero concept: One product that is attracting most audiences at Mahindra & Mahindra pavilion is the all-new XUV Aero concept that will become basis for a future flagship SUV from the Indian automobile giant. The coupe-styled Mahindra XUV Aero concept is powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk, 4-cylinder, diesel engine that belts out a maximum power output of 210bhp. The new concept has three driving modes - Off-road, race and Sport - to suit all sorts of terrain conditions in the country. Upon its launch, this will become the most expensive Mahindra vehicle in the country.
Mahindra KUV100 Xplorer: Mahindra that recently launched the KUV100 in the country, brought an accessorized version of the mini SUV at the motor show. While there are no mechanical changes made to this edition, it gets different bumpers, additional body cladding, different roof rails, split brake light on the roof spoiler and few other changes. The aforementioned changes give it a sportier look than the regular model. Though, there is no clarity about its launch timeline.
Mahindra TUV300 Endurance: Another accessorized version on Mahindra pavilion is the TUV300 Endurance that receives a new matte grey paint and black plastic cladding around the body. Additionally, it features a newly designed rear spare wheel holding mount, grey panels on sides, slightly different front grille and few other changes. Since this one too is an accessorized version, it doesn't receive any mechanical changes. It continues to feature the same 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder diesel unit.
Mahidnra-SsangYong Tivoli compact SUV: Mahindra Group-owned South Korean carmaker, SsangYong displayed its global compact SUV - the Tivoli- at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016. The global model of the SUV is available in a 1.6-litre diesel and a 1.6-litre petrol engine options, both mated to a 6-speed Aisin automatic gearbox. While the diesel engine of the SUV develops 113bhp and 300Nm, the petrol engine is good for 126bhp and 160Nm. The same vehicle is expected to be launched in India as well.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom