New Hero bikes and scooters at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016
Like every edition of the Auto Expo, Hero MotoCorp showcased several of its future bikes this time around as well. The home-grown two-wheeler maker showcased an all-new concept - Hero XF3R - that provides glimpse into the future of Hero's design and development philosophy for performance bikes. The concept of Hero HX250 was also put on display, which had made its debut at the Auto Expo 2014. Besides these two concepts, the company also showcased Hero Xtreme 200 S, new Splendor iSmart 110 and Duet-E electric scooter. Here's all you need to know about the Hero bikes and scooters displayed at the Auto Expo 2016
Hero also showcased the electric version of its newly launched scooter Duet at the Motor Show. Called the Hero Duet-E, the electric scooter looks similar to the regular version in terms of design. Though, it gets new green colour graphics on the white shade. The Duet-E is powered by a 5Kw electric motor.
Save for the Karizma series, Hero never had a successful 200cc bike. Now to increase its market share in the growing 200-250cc segment, the company is working on a couple of new products, and one such product is the Hero Xtreme 200 S. The new 200cc Hero bike is powered by a single cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke 200cc engine that, mated to a 5-speed gearbox, belts out 18.5bhp at 8,500rpm and 17.2Nm at 6000rpm. Built on the diamond type chassis design, the Hero Xtreme 200 S features rear mono suspension and dual disc brakes. With features such as air vents in front cowl, tank-shroud and belly-pan and LED lights, the Hero Xtreme 200 S looks quite sporty.
First debuted at the Auto Expo 2014, this concept has been brought this year as well in new blue colour. Though, the model on display at the 2016 Auto Expo doesn't have R in the name like the previous one. It gets Hero HX250 badging instead of HX250R. We expect it to launch within this year itself since it looks almost production-ready. Though, the company didn't say anything about its launch timeline at the show.
First Hero also showcased an all-new street fighter concept - XF3R - that provides glimpse into the company's future performance bike design philosophy. Though no details on its engine specifications were revealed, this could become basis for a future 300cc Hero motorcycle. "Based on the concept of ‘Born to be Wild’, the XF3R is a Street Fighter motorcycle, with arresting design, powerful styling, and a mid-segment, high performance engine.", said the company. debuted at the Auto Expo 2014, this concept has been brought this year as well in new blue colour. Though, the model on display at the 2016 Auto Expo doesn't have R in the name like the previous one. It gets Hero HX250 badging instead of HX250R. We expect it to launch within this year itself since it looks almost production-ready. Though, the company didn't say anything about its launch timeline at the show.
Hero Splendor iSmart 110 is the first bike developed completely in-house by Hero's research & development team. The Splendor iSmart is based on a new engine chassis and frame. It also gets Hero's i3S technology that we first saw on the existing Splendor iSmart model. The new Hero Splendor iSmart is powered by an 110cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that is coupled with a four-speed transmission. This engine develops a maximum power of 9bhp at 7,500rpm and a torque of 9Nm at 5,500rpm.
More from this section
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms